What really pisses you off? Rate Topic: -----

#8181 User is offline   donwengert4life 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:49 PM

Gideon Clarke, on 21 June 2017 - 08:52 PM, said:

Clear Channel can fuck off and die.

This. 1,000 times this. The company that destroyed local radio.

#8182 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:30 AM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 21 June 2017 - 08:36 PM, said:

It's not that good music isn't being made anymore. The real issue is that the radio syndicate has chosen to go almost entirely Top 40, Hip-hop, and Country, so any music outside of those genres will get little to no mainstream air play.

I forget if it's Clear Channel or who, but it's ridiculous the % of radio stations owned by one company today.

I don't know if they're owned by Clear Channel but every radio station is basically owned by iHeart Radio it seems like. Which is disappointing because they no longer carry ESPN Radio or FoxSports Radio.
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM

#8183 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:31 AM

Another issue with radio is that I can only listen to Bruno Mars's new song so many times in 1 hour before I drive my car in to the other lane. I'm not saying his music is shit, its catchy at first. But when they play it every 15 minutes it gets old fast.
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM

#8184 User is offline   oblongatta 

• Supreme Overlord of the Universe
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Whisper Fighting

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:21 AM

View PostMa13tt0, on 22 June 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

I don't know if they're owned by Clear Channel but every radio station is basically owned by iHeart Radio it seems like. Which is disappointing because they no longer carry ESPN Radio or FoxSports Radio.

Yep. iheartradio is clear channel's mobile app.

But as to the general thread comments, I'm not sure how much they really are to blame. Radio always dictated what was heard. Then MTV came around and it was the same model with a different "radio." Music is in a weird place right now and I'm not sure the solution. The classic model no longer works. There was an interesting discussion of it in the 30 second to Mars rockumentary of all places. I'm not sure who is making money now. It isn't the artists. It is no longer the publishing companies (which screwed artists for so long). I don't know enough about the internet music sources to know if they are making or losing money. I think the problem with music right now is that there isn't much money in it. That's why the disney stars are the ones making music. Disney can sit there and play cookie cutter music by their stars as part of marketing the rest of the entertainment platform and Disney reaps the rewards.

I no longer complain about how much a concert ticket costs because at least then I feel the artist is getting the maximum chunk of it. I don't think they are for every time I hear it on salcker/pandora/spotify. For me the big problem is that it seems like many bands are bypassing Pittsburgh (Lush, Bob Mould, Midnight Oil, Rush (!), etc). And when they do stop here, I happen to be out of town or can't make it (Tool, Thursday, etc.). Ugh. I'd like to see more concerts but it sure isn't working out.
You're pretty on the inside,
That's better than not pretty at all,
You're pretty on the inside,
Too bad I'm an outside kinda pretty guy.

#8185 User is offline   Grey 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Buccos, Steelers, Pens, PSU, University of Arizona

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:28 AM

View PostMa13tt0, on 22 June 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

Another issue with radio is that I can only listen to Bruno Mars's new song so many times in 1 hour before I drive my car in to the other lane. I'm not saying his music is shit, its catchy at first. But when they play it every 15 minutes it gets old fast.

I solve that problem by never listening to it the first time.
Pretty women out walking with gorillas down my street

#8186 User is offline   Ryan Vogelsong 

• Tee-Ball

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:16 PM

Daniel Hudson.

#8187 User is offline   Grey 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:11 PM

Chris Berman.

Words can't describe how much I detest that fat fucking pig.

#8188 User is offline   Grey 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted Yesterday, 07:03 PM

Also not pissing me off: The BET Awards. They are fucking AWESOME. Already one robbery which Lil Kim is being investigated on. At least 3 fights and/or scuffles, involving Meek Mill and some others. All kinds of dangerous shit going on. You NEVER see this shit from the Emmy's or Oscar's. Nothing but chaos!

#8189 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted Yesterday, 09:55 PM

View PostGrey, on 25 June 2017 - 07:03 PM, said:

Also not pissing me off: The BET Awards. They are fucking AWESOME. Already one robbery which Lil Kim is being investigated on. At least 3 fights and/or scuffles, involving Meek Mill and some others. All kinds of dangerous shit going on. You NEVER see this shit from the Emmy's or Oscar's. Nothing but chaos!

That sounds pretty awesome.

Here's what pissed me off yesterday: in line at Dunkin' Donuts with multiple, multiple children, and the tall dude in front of me...

1. Had his sunglasses on upside down and backwards on his head, i.e. he did that thing that was cool back in 2003 when you put them backwards on your ears when you're not wearing them.

2. Knelt over carefully to loosen each of the shoelaces on his new tennis shoes equal amounts. It was like he was keeping his shoes untied and "messy" looking, but they had to be perfectly messy, you know?

Douche seriously held up the line for a good minute to minute-and-a-half doing it. In that situation, you should legally be allowed to head punch someone to the back of their cranium.

#8190 User is offline   Grey 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted Today, 04:38 AM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 25 June 2017 - 09:55 PM, said:

That sounds pretty awesome.

Here's what pissed me off yesterday: in line at Dunkin' Donuts with multiple, multiple children, and the tall dude in front of me...

1. Had his sunglasses on upside down and backwards on his head, i.e. he did that thing that was cool back in 2003 when you put them backwards on your ears when you're not wearing them.

2. Knelt over carefully to loosen each of the shoelaces on his new tennis shoes equal amounts. It was like he was keeping his shoes untied and "messy" looking, but they had to be perfectly messy, you know?

Douche seriously held up the line for a good minute to minute-and-a-half doing it. In that situation, you should legally be allowed to head punch someone to the back of their cranium.

I dub him "DonutDoucheNozzle".

#8191 User is offline   tobaccoroad 

• H@m@ph@be
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Jack Cust hails from my hometown!!

Posted Today, 06:07 PM

I was bidding on a signed Veronica Lake photo at an auction today. I am infatuated with Veronica Lake and this was one of the sexiest images of her that I had ever seen. Autographs of her are tough to find because she wasn't a major movie star for that long then had some mental issues and disappeared until just before she died in 1973.

I was willing to pay far more than anyone would think I should on something like this. But I wanted it. Badly.

The fucker went for five times what I was willing to pay. Five. Times. I could not believe what I was seeing.

So that pissed me the fuck off.

Shoes

#8192 User is offline   Grey 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted Today, 06:51 PM

View Posttobaccoroad, on 26 June 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

I was bidding on a signed Veronica Lake photo at an auction today. I am infatuated with Veronica Lake and this was one of the sexiest images of her that I had ever seen. Autographs of her are tough to find because she wasn't a major movie star for that long then had some mental issues and disappeared until just before she died in 1973.

I was willing to pay far more than anyone would think I should on something like this. But I wanted it. Badly.

The fucker went for five times what I was willing to pay. Five. Times. I could not believe what I was seeing.

So that pissed me the fuck off.

Shoes

Do what I would do.

Steal it.

Share this topic:

• 410 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic