• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trump Presidency Thread Rate Topic: -----

#3781 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted Today, 07:47 AM

I will miss funny SNL bits when Trump is no longer President.
http://www.huffingto...kushpmg00000009
"It's probably true. Trump probably did it, because people in power tend to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and usually get away with it."
17 April 2017
Winter's response to my post that Trump may have raped a teenage girl.

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#3782 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Today, 07:59 AM

I wish I could take credit for this but I got it from the SNL bit. Trump is a lying sack of shit. I know, boldest fucking statement of the obvious of the millennium. Still, while Trump was crying about the destruction of statues for traitors, others were establishing the timeline of his affinity for old stuff. It seems Trump doesn't mind tearing down old structures if there's a profit in it. This is from Vice News.

But Trump’s appreciation of art and historical significance, if genuine, is certainly newfound — in 1980, he demolished the iconic Bonwit Teller building and reneged on a promise to the Met to save a pair of Art Deco sculptures and metal grillwork from the front of the building so that the museum could include them in its 20th century sculpture collection.

Then there is this quote from Trump in the article (the image below).

Trump Organization vice president told the New York Times Trump had come to a different conclusion. "It would have cost $32,000 and a week-and-a-half of construction on the $100 million building to remove them, and Baron ultimately decided it wasn’t worth the effort to save the panels because they were “without artistic merit.

John Baron? Doesn't that name sound familiar or extremely prescient? Maybe Baron Trump? Truth is, John Baron never existed. It was, "An alias Trump once admitted under oath he uses to feed reporters information about himself". So Trump made up a fake person, to justify (and blame) for his actions. Can you say decade's long liar?

https://news.vice.co...autiful-statues

Posted Image
"It's probably true. Trump probably did it, because people in power tend to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and usually get away with it."
17 April 2017

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

#3783 User is offline   Midnight Moose 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted Today, 08:14 AM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 18 August 2017 - 06:55 AM, said:

Oh please. Leave that petty, personal shit to clowns like GoBucs, PSU, and sloshy.

Just because somebody doesn't share your political view of the world, doesn't make them a terrible person.

In fact, this is part of the bullshit mindset that has been getting the Democrats skullfucled in elections for two cycles now. The elite intellectuals with "higher values" vs. the "deplorables" with their clearly naive, racist values.

Regular people outside of your little pockets are sick of that shit. And they're making their displeasure known at the ballot box. Again and again.

If you were talking about regular political views, you'd have a point. But you've just spent most of this week trying to mount a defense for a President that unabashedly defended White Supremacists and Neo-Nazis. You're free to think whatever you want. But if you try to take your racist views into the classroom next month, I sincerely hope the parents of the children you teach get wind of it. And take action to have you removed from the teaching profession.

Rest assured I won't rat you out. It's not my place. But I won't shed a tear for you if/when someone else takes it upon themselves to get you out of being in a position to influence kids with your trash. AFAIAC, you're a clear and present danger to the future of the country I love.

#3784 User is online   thedefdog99 

• Altoona Curve

Posted Today, 08:16 AM

Someone get MM a fresh panty liner.

#3785 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Today, 08:20 AM

View Postthedefdog99, on 18 August 2017 - 08:16 AM, said:

Someone get MM a fresh panty liner.

You ran out?
17 April 2017

Robert F. Kennedy

#3786 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Today, 08:21 AM

View PostMidnight Moose, on 18 August 2017 - 08:14 AM, said:

If you were talking about regular political views, you'd have a point. But you've just spent most of this week trying to mount a defense for a President that unabashedly defended White Supremacists and Neo-Nazis. You're free to think whatever you want. But if you try to take your racist views into the classroom next month, I sincerely hope the parents of the children you teach get wind of it. And take action to have you removed from the teaching profession.

Rest assured I won't rat you out. It's not my place. But I won't shed a tear for you if/when someone else takes it upon themselves to get you out of being in a position to influence kids with your trash. AFAIAC, you're a clear and present danger to the future of the country I love.

It's worse than that. He's actually taken time to defend a white, racist killer.
17 April 2017

Robert F. Kennedy

#3787 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip

Posted Today, 08:25 AM

So multiple organizations are pulling their events from Mar-A-Largo, including the American Cancer Society.

Tomorrow Trump and or Sec Price is going to announce a major decrease in cancer funding.

Because that is how Trump rolls.
I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many posting errors.

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

#3788 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Today, 08:31 AM

View Postjcharding, on 18 August 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

So multiple organizations are pulling their events from Mar-A-Largo, including the American Cancer Society.

Tomorrow Trump and or Sec Price is going to announce a major decrease in cancer funding.

Because that is how Trump rolls.

Funny you should post that.

@realDonaldTrump 24m24 minutes ago
The American Cancer Society is doing great damage to Americans. Legal Americans throughout the U.S. are being hurt - many lives being lost! Many, many lives! Sad!
7,655 replies 5,539 retweets 18,381 likes
Reply 7.7K Retweet 5.5K Like 18K

17 April 2017

Robert F. Kennedy

#3789 User is offline   Midnight Moose 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted Today, 08:31 AM

View PostGoBucs21, on 18 August 2017 - 08:21 AM, said:

It's worse than that. He's actually taken time to defend a white, racist killer.

I forgot about that. Though, that might have been a self-defense mechanism. My mind blocked it, so I wouldn't go completely over the edge.

#3790 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip

Posted Today, 08:35 AM

Meanwhile our Commander if Chief seems to be totally ignoring a potential China-India military scuffle. China has in the past attempted to build new islands in the Pacific to increase China's territorial claims. This time China is trying to build a road through disputed Bhutan-China areas (presumably if they build the road the land is now "theirs"). India and Bhutan are very close, and India has militarily supported Bhutan. Both India and China have over the past 2 months used increasingly harsh public condemnations of the other, and both have small military forces a few yards from each other in the disputed area. A few days ago two platoons supposedly got in a fistfight. Fortunately nobody started shooting. But, ultimately, we are still talking about two nuclear powers with very large armies.

https://www.washingt...m=.fbf9623eba5d
I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many posting errors.

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

#3791 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Today, 08:41 AM

View Postjcharding, on 18 August 2017 - 08:35 AM, said:

Meanwhile our Commander if Chief seems to be totally ignoring a potential China-India military scuffle. China has in the past attempted to build new islands in the Pacific to increase China's territorial claims. This time China is trying to build a road through disputed Bhutan-China areas (presumably if they build the road the land is now "theirs"). India and Bhutan are very close, and India has militarily supported Bhutan. Both India and China have over the past 2 months used increasingly harsh public condemnations of the other, and both have small military forces a few yards from each other in the disputed area. A few days ago two platoons supposedly got in a fistfight. Fortunately nobody started shooting. But, ultimately, we are still talking about two nuclear powers with very large armies.

https://www.washingt...m=.fbf9623eba5d

He's all over that. Look at today's tweets:

@realDonaldTrump 32m32 minutes ago
Radical Islamic Terrorism must be stopped by whatever means necessary! The courts must give us back our protective rights. Have to be tough!

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 47m47 minutes ago
The Obstructionist Democrats make Security for our country very difficult. They use the courts and associated delay at all times. Must stop!

@realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago
Homeland Security and law enforcement are on alert & closely watching for any sign of trouble. Our borders are far tougher than ever before!

He is the man with his finger on the pulse of the nation and the nuclear arsenal. Sad!
17 April 2017

Robert F. Kennedy

#3792 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip

Posted Today, 08:44 AM

View PostGoBucs21, on 18 August 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

Funny you should post that.

Ha! He is so predictable. And he is hurting so many people (in this dispute and many others) with his petty vindictiveness.

#3793 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Today, 08:56 AM

View Postjcharding, on 18 August 2017 - 08:44 AM, said:

Ha! He is so predictable. And he is hurting so many people (in this dispute and many others) with his petty vindictiveness.

Actually, I made that up but the point is, we can all (even his supporters like Winter) see him doing that. He can attack anyone and everyone whom he perceives in the slightest way, except Putin. He has no moral filter. He does not care who he harms or what he does to harm them. Every means justifies his ends.

He is an irrational fucking psychopath.

Yes, I know that last statement was redundant.
17 April 2017

Robert F. Kennedy

#3794 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted Today, 12:03 PM

Midnight Moose, on 18 August 2017 - 08:14 AM, said:

You are absolutely unbelievable.

Again, textbook Identitiy Politics outta' nowhere. Randy Orton would be proud.

From my perspective, Trump is not "supporting white nationalism and neo-Nazism", he's urging the country in all sides to quit fighting over skin color and come together. As all Presidents and leaders should be doing.

"I won't rat you out." Fuck you man. I haven't even said anything here worthy of some punishable offense.

This is just one more case of a small group of people here that have become such ideologues that they wish to inflict personal damage in a person's life, because they don't agree with them politically.

Shut this abortion of a board down, Sean.

#3795 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip

Posted Today, 12:12 PM

So Bannon may have actually resigned 11 days ago - August 7th. Well before Charlottesville

#3796 User is offline   crosscuttersno1 

• Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip

Posted Today, 12:23 PM

So what have I missed lately?
Failure is the key to success.

#3797 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip

Posted Today, 12:25 PM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 18 August 2017 - 12:03 PM, said:

You are absolutely unbelievable.

Again, textbook Identitiy Politics outta' nowhere. Randy Orton would be proud.

From my perspective, Trump is not "supporting white nationalism and neo-Nazism", he's urging the country in all sides to quit fighting over skin color and come together. As all Presidents and leaders should be doing.

"I won't rat you out." Fuck you man. I haven't even said anything here worthy of some punishable offense.

This is just one more case of a small group of people here that have become such ideologues that they wish to inflict personal damage in a person's life, because they don't agree with them politically.

Shut this abortion of a board down, Sean.

Winter:
1. Donald Trump's father was arrested for failing to disperse at a KKK rally 90 years ago (racism is taught)
2. Trump and father entered into a multi decade based settlement agreement because they excluded black people from their NYC properties
3. Trump took out a full page ad in 1989 essentially calling for the death penalty for 5 black men. Who were eventually proved innocent (not, not guilty, but flat out innocent). And after the city paid them Trump criticized the settlement agreement. And still thinks all of these things right now (and has said so).
4. Trump created his modern political fame on the back of a multi year birther argument which is widely viewed as race based.
5. During the campaign Trump repeatedly re-tweeted Nazi and white nationalist ideas.
6. Trump claimed an American born judge with parents of Mexican descent obviously incapable of treating Trump fairly, comments which were condemned widely - including by most (all?) leaders of his own party.
7. And this week Trump was in no hurry to denounce white nationalists and/or equated them with other groups, called some people marching with them "fine people", causing virtually every pundit and political leader in the country to question Trump's sanity. Multiple Republican members of Congress have called Trump unfit, every part of the military has released statements repudiating Trump, and too many business and arts leaders to count have bailed on Trump's councils. Entities are also departing from Trump properties that he supposedly has no role with.

That is just a partial list off the top of my head.

Despite all that you defend Trump. You might want to read this. Hopefully it will help you. http://www.politico....ifies-me-215502

#3798 User is offline   crosscuttersno1 

• Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip

Posted Today, 12:25 PM

So who ,is left in the Trump White House that's been there since day one. And why would anybody want to join the clown show?
Failure is the key to success.

#3799 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip

Posted Today, 12:32 PM

View Postcrosscuttersno1, on 18 August 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

So who ,is left in the Trump White House that's been there since day one. And why would anybody want to join the clown show?

His children and their spouses.

Other than that ... Kellyanne Conway? The new communications director .. Hope something ... has been with him since last summer..... For your second question, the only two kinds of people are the irrationally ambitious or those hoping to preserve institutions they care deeply about from further harm.

Edit. Two other names Google helped me with are Stephen Miller (who was close to Bannon and may also be gone but unannounced so far) and Trump's longtime bodyguard Keith Schiller. And the Hope something is Hope Hicks, who was a campaign spokesman among other things.

Share this topic:

• 190 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic