• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trump Presidency Thread Rate Topic: -----

#2161 User is offline   crosscuttersno1 

• Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted Yesterday, 05:54 PM

Republicans don't care about cost when it's in the womb because they are to busy arguing against abortion. But as soon as the child is born they better hope their parents have great healthcare because the same republicans don't give two shits about them.
Failure is the key to success.

#2162 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Yesterday, 06:16 PM

View Postcrosscuttersno1, on 25 July 2017 - 05:54 PM, said:

Republicans don't care about cost when it's in the womb because they are to busy arguing against abortion. But as soon as the child is born they better hope their parents have great healthcare because the same republicans don't give two shits about them.

Exactly. They talk the talk but don't walk the walk.
"It's probably true. Trump probably did it, because people in power tend to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and usually get away with it."
17 April 2017
Winter's response to my post that Trump may have raped a teenage girl.

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#2163 User is offline   ECBucs 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted Yesterday, 06:31 PM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 25 July 2017 - 04:04 PM, said:

Older kids in foster care? Yes, you are absolutely right.

American newborns? No, the waiting list is very long. That's why many couples have chosen to adopt children from China, etc., because they know they'll never be able to adopt an American baby.

to adopt a new born in the US is hit or miss. The parents that want to adopt need to find a pregnant woman that wants to put her child up for adoption.

The parents that want to adopt need to place ads that potential birth mothers will see and respond to. Often the adoptive parents are from another state (one of my co-workers who lived in Virginia adopted a child from California). It is an expensive process and often the adoptive parents will cover the mother's medical costs.

The birth mother can also change her mind on giving the child up for adoption after it is born. Another friend I have was devastated when birth mother decided to keep baby. They had met the birth mother, held the baby and had to just walk away.

#2164 User is offline   Dale Berra's Nose 

• Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip

Posted Yesterday, 06:44 PM

ECBucs, on 25 July 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

to adopt a new born in the US is hit or miss. The parents that want to adopt need to find a pregnant woman that wants to put her child up for adoption.

The parents that want to adopt need to place ads that potential birth mothers will see and respond to. Often the adoptive parents are from another state (one of my co-workers who lived in Virginia adopted a child from California). It is an expensive process and often the adoptive parents will cover the mother's medical costs.

The birth mother can also change her mind on giving the child up for adoption after it is born. Another friend I have was devastated when birth mother decided to keep baby. They had met the birth mother, held the baby and had to just walk away.

Erm... that's not the way it works, or at least not the only way. I have three adopted nieces and nephews (two different sets of parents). In none of the three cases was there interaction with the birth mother.

Adoption can be a great thing. But you need to have money and a squeaky-clean background.
IS THIS THE GAME THREAD???

#2165 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Yesterday, 06:59 PM

View PostDale Berra, on 25 July 2017 - 06:44 PM, said:

Erm... that's not the way it works, or at least not the only way. I have three adopted nieces and nephews (two different sets of parents). In none of the three cases was there interaction with the birth mother.

Adoption can be a great thing. But you need to have money and a squeaky-clean background.

You also need a social services organization that isn't focused on re-uniting dysfunctional families. If you are going the foster parent route, as my brother and his wife did.
"It's probably true. Trump probably did it, because people in power tend to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and usually get away with it."
17 April 2017

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

#2166 User is offline   glen12674 

• Pittsburgh Pirate
  • Pip

Posted Yesterday, 08:00 PM

McCain would vote for the 'beat John McCain to death bill' if the republicans told him to.

#2167 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Yesterday, 08:11 PM

View Postglen12674, on 25 July 2017 - 08:00 PM, said:

McCain would vote for the 'beat John McCain to death bill' if the republicans told him to.

Unless he was a fetus. Once born, then he would vote for the "beat to death bill". That's how Republicans roll. Prior to birth, they are all in our lives. Afterward, the bill is on us.
17 April 2017

Robert F. Kennedy

#2168 User is offline   ECBucs 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted Yesterday, 08:37 PM

View PostDale Berra, on 25 July 2017 - 06:44 PM, said:

were they adopted as infants? It would have been a plus for us to not meet or have interaction with birth mother. My impression at the time that it was the birth mother that controlled that as she was picking who the adoptive parents would be. The examples I gave and process were true as far as private adoption goes.

That is why we went with international adoption.

https://www.adoptive...ths-and-truths/

While almost every aspect of adoption is different than it was in the past, it is within the family matching process that the most change has occurred. In private and agency adoptions, rather than merely being assigned a baby to adopt without any background information to share with the child as he or she grows, adopting parents now usually meet or talk with the birth family. Prospective birth parents, by the same token, are empowered to choose which family will adopt their child. Birth families are more likely to have access to counseling and independent legal representation, and, together with the adopting family, determine the nature of contact after the adoption.

#2169 User is offline   thedefdog99 

• GCL Pirate

Posted Yesterday, 09:00 PM

https://thoughtcatal...es-of-all-time/

#2170 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted Today, 03:32 AM

We've seen through friends that both adoption and fostering are highly variable procedurally at the local level, and are often largely dependent upon the whims of local judges and foster systems, who may change their rulings by the family, or even by the child.

We had one set of friends that was set to adopt a new baby from a drug-using mother, who had each of her previous babies taken away from her by the courts due to her drug use. But on this particular child- even though the mother continued to fail her mandated drug tests- a local judge decided to let her keep this particular child, after our friends already had it lined up for adoption.

It was heartbreaking to watch them lose it; it was almost like them having a child die at birth.

These friends also tried to adopt through foster programs- which is a really tough way to go, which few parents select. The kids are older, and often from messed up family situations that can cause them to hurt kids in the family fostering them.

Again, they had kids lined up for adoption consistent with past practices, then the fostering system would intervene to "try something new." Or in one case, a long-lost family member suddenly appeared to pull a blood relative child away.

Fuck fostering, at least if you're attempting to do it for eventual adoption. Nothing but heartache there.

Share this topic:

• 109 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic