Pittsburgh Pirates: What really pisses you off? - Pittsburgh Pirates

Jump to content

  • 410 Pages +
  • « First
  • 404
  • 405
  • 406
  • 407
  • 408
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What really pisses you off? Rate Topic: -----

#8101 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

  • TEAM CAT
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,974
  • Joined: 15-November 16
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:39 AM

View Postcoolpapacole, on 17 March 2017 - 05:35 PM, said:

I got a small pizza stone that fits my toaster oven as a result of one of these things, so they aren't all bad. Of course, I didn't have to go to the event or pay for the pizza stone so I might be biased.


Their pizza stones are nice. We have the oven-sized one.

What's really money though is the metal grilling pizza pan. It allows you to make full-sized pizzas on your outdoor grill. It's the closest I can get at home to making something that tastes like it came from a pizzeria. I prefer it to the oven pizza stone, because I've found that the oven ends up drying out the pizza a bit.
0

#8102 User is offline   NCBuccofan 

  • All Star
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,716
  • Joined: 19-April 16

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:40 PM

I wish my wife's friends were selling pizza stones instead of lularue, Rodan Fields, Isogenex and Norwex.
0

#8103 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

  • Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 42,700
  • Joined: 16-November 08
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:08 AM

The attitude of people like Ian Kinsler who said these other countries that have the audacity to have fun playing baseball aren't playing "the right way." It's so frustrating that people want to shut fun out of a freaking game.
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.
2

#8104 User is offline   GoBucs21 

  • Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 33,181
  • Joined: 10-December 08
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:19 AM

View PostPSU4Lyfe, on 23 March 2017 - 09:08 AM, said:

The attitude of people like Ian Kinsler who said these other countries that have the audacity to have fun playing baseball aren't playing "the right way." It's so frustrating that people want to shut fun out of a freaking game.

I'm know I'm the "get off my lawn" guy here. I think there is a happy medium with having fun and still respecting the game (I hate that term but couldn't think of another). Andrew McCutchen is my perfect example of how I (it's just my opinion) want to see players play the game. He plays with emotion and passion, he doesn't show up other players, and most importantly, he looks like he's having fun. My take on most Latin American players is that they do they same thing with some variation. I generally don't have a problem with that.

I'm guessing Kinsler hasn't watched kids play baseball a lot recently. Until they get to a certain age, they aren't imitating anyone's playing style. Unless there are ball players picking their nose (managers don't count) or making dirt angels, kids are doing their own thing. Around little league kids start imitating players but generally it's the players they like, regardless of where the players call home. I don't see kids playing an "American" style of baseball for good or bad.

If Kinsler wants to see who is ruining baseball for kids. First look to the commissioner who is making it more difficult for kids to enjoy baseball. Then look at adults who coach or watch their kids play the game. Listen to the adults at a kid's game. They are fucking black holes of negative energy. Listening to them, I wonder why any kid wants to play baseball.
"It's probably true. Trump probably did it, because people in power tend to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and usually get away with it."
17 April 2017
Winter's response to my post that Trump may have raped a teenage girl.

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.
0

#8105 User is offline   GoBucs21 

  • Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 33,181
  • Joined: 10-December 08
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:20 AM

View PostNCBuccofan, on 20 March 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

I wish my wife's friends were selling pizza stones instead of lularue, Rodan Fields, Isogenex and Norwex.

We have a pizza oven on our deck. Makes fantastic pizza. It's also a great way to cook filet mignon.
"It's probably true. Trump probably did it, because people in power tend to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and usually get away with it."
17 April 2017
Winter's response to my post that Trump may have raped a teenage girl.

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.
0

#8106 User is offline   silverspring 

  • Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 12,049
  • Joined: 10-June 09
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:09 AM

So I'm on here tonight reading and posting and having a good time. Life is good.

I almost died tonight. At about 7 or so. Long story, short version is a guy zoomed passed me on a two-lane exit off of the highway, at about 90-100 mph, so close that I actually thought he hit me. As if he never even saw it, he drove straight into a wall (but not head-on). His car banged from the left wall, somehow spun in a circle in that narrow canyon of an exit, and hit the right wall. While again almost hitting me in the spin. I mean it - no idea how he didn't obliterate my SUV. Guy that pulled over with me said it didn't even look like the misses were real, looked like a CGI sequence it took so much luck.

I'm fine. I can't begin to expect the guy to live. I've seen death before, my own heart has stopped before, came close two other times to never waking up. But shouldn't I feel something other than minor compassion for the other guy? I lived, but what about him? I feel sad for him, but not like I thought I would, maybe because I also thought about how I would have felt if Cecil were in the car and he had hit me driving like a fucking jackass. I want him to be ok, and I wish I could have done more, but I'm concerned at how OK I really am over this. And I have done awful things behind the wheel in my former life, so I'm not without understanding that people make mistakes. But where is my heart for another? How could I be this insanely serene and unchanged by this?

I would want to be the type of person who could forgive a guy even if he did kill someone I love. But I'm not that type of person, not yet, and maybe I'll never get there. I'm worried that this didn't bother me more or disturb me more. All I could think about was survival and getting home to protect my family. Nothing morally wrong with that, I just wish I was made of something more. I'm worried also that I'm a sociopath for being sooooooooo OK and knowing I will sleep fine tonight after watching a guy die.


TL;DR:

1. Am I losing my mind?
2. Don't fucking fuck with me.
2

#8107 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

  • TEAM CAT
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,974
  • Joined: 15-November 16
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:54 AM

Hoooooooly shit.

I am so glad you didn't get hit. You seem like a great guy, and that would've cut Team Cat's membership by 50%.

I don't blame you for not really feeling bad. It'd be one thing if it were a complete accident where there was an innocent mistake- that would mess with me too. But if a guy is rocketing by you at 90-100mph, he's either going to kill someone else or himself. Completely preventable, and don't feel bad that it was the latter.

If a news story comes out about it, please link it here. The whole scenario just sounds batshit insane.

Glad you're okay!
0

#8108 User is offline   Sloshy 

  • Steve Pearce
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 305
  • Joined: 26-November 16

Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:40 AM

Winter's seeming gullibility.
"There is a well-orchestrated and well-funded effort going on in America... Its the wealthy elite trying to restratify the wealth of this nation.
- Winter
https://www.altoonam...enelec-workers/
1

#8109 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

  • TEAM CAT
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,974
  • Joined: 15-November 16
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:54 AM

View PostSloshy, on 15 April 2017 - 05:40 AM, said:

Winter's seeming gullibility.


Sloshy's willingness to ignore potential evidence of child molestation, if it involves his favorite political party.
0

#8110 User is offline   GoBucs21 

  • Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 33,181
  • Joined: 10-December 08
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:16 AM

View Postsilverspring, on 15 April 2017 - 12:09 AM, said:

So I'm on here tonight reading and posting and having a good time. Life is good.

I almost died tonight. At about 7 or so. Long story, short version is a guy zoomed passed me on a two-lane exit off of the highway, at about 90-100 mph, so close that I actually thought he hit me. As if he never even saw it, he drove straight into a wall (but not head-on). His car banged from the left wall, somehow spun in a circle in that narrow canyon of an exit, and hit the right wall. While again almost hitting me in the spin. I mean it - no idea how he didn't obliterate my SUV. Guy that pulled over with me said it didn't even look like the misses were real, looked like a CGI sequence it took so much luck.

I'm fine. I can't begin to expect the guy to live. I've seen death before, my own heart has stopped before, came close two other times to never waking up. But shouldn't I feel something other than minor compassion for the other guy? I lived, but what about him? I feel sad for him, but not like I thought I would, maybe because I also thought about how I would have felt if Cecil were in the car and he had hit me driving like a fucking jackass. I want him to be ok, and I wish I could have done more, but I'm concerned at how OK I really am over this. And I have done awful things behind the wheel in my former life, so I'm not without understanding that people make mistakes. But where is my heart for another? How could I be this insanely serene and unchanged by this?

I would want to be the type of person who could forgive a guy even if he did kill someone I love. But I'm not that type of person, not yet, and maybe I'll never get there. I'm worried that this didn't bother me more or disturb me more. All I could think about was survival and getting home to protect my family. Nothing morally wrong with that, I just wish I was made of something more. I'm worried also that I'm a sociopath for being sooooooooo OK and knowing I will sleep fine tonight after watching a guy die.


TL;DR:

1. Am I losing my mind?
2. Don't fucking fuck with me.

1. No your is a fairly typical reaction to a stressful situation. My take on the compassion thing is that the guy going way too fast showed no regard for your health and safety, you owed him no compassion.
"It's probably true. Trump probably did it, because people in power tend to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and usually get away with it."
17 April 2017
Winter's response to my post that Trump may have raped a teenage girl.

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.
0

#8111 User is offline   oblongatta 

  • Supreme Overlord of the Universe
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 15,697
  • Joined: 17-November 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a bar
  • Interests:Whisper Fighting

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:13 PM

People that use gifs in book reviews on goodreads. It's one thing on message boards, but on a book center website? I mean, these people are supposed to be readers and rather than the freedom of text that gives the writer unlimited creativity they would rather express a thought with a video snippet of some actor?

<insert captain picard facepalm image here>
You're pretty on the inside,
That's better than not pretty at all,
You're pretty on the inside,
Too bad I'm an outside kinda pretty guy.
1

#8112 User is offline   ECBucs 

  • Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,325
  • Joined: 21-November 08

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:54 PM

the Eagles fight song. Thankfully, I don't remember ever hearing it until this year's draft.

Hope to never hear any of it again.
0

#8113 User is offline   Dale Berra's Nose 

  • Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 9,894
  • Joined: 24-November 08

Posted 29 April 2017 - 11:20 PM

View PostECBucs, on 29 April 2017 - 10:54 PM, said:

the Eagles fight song.

"Peaceful Easy Feeling"?
IS THIS THE GAME THREAD???
0

#8114 User is offline   Pantsless Jose Lind 

  • The Ugandan Giant
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,758
  • Joined: 08-December 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Indiana, PA
  • Interests:I enjoy playing second base and cocaine.

Posted 29 April 2017 - 11:38 PM

View PostECBucs, on 29 April 2017 - 10:54 PM, said:

the Eagles fight song. Thankfully, I don't remember ever hearing it until this year's draft.

Hope to never hear any of it again.


Be glad you just heard it now. Be glad you weren't in a Western Pennsylvania college in 2004 during their Super Bowl run when that shit was fucking everywhere. It was so bad that I actually rooted for the Patriots.

On the subject, I went to Slippery Rock for two years and transferred to IUP. I partied frequently at Pitt. It seems that 50% of campuses at each were comprised of Philly kids. Never understood it.
"What other businesses do you expect to lose money for your entertainment?" --sisyphus -UPPMD
0

#8115 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

  • TEAM CAT
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,974
  • Joined: 15-November 16
  • Gender:Male

Posted 30 April 2017 - 12:45 PM

People that back into parking spaces- because that's been all the fucking rage over the last 2 years- but are shitty at it, so they end up taking up 2 parking spaces with their park jobs, which they don't bother to check as they run into the mall or church.

Love the people online that keep sidewalk chalk in their car, trace a new space around the car, and write "A SPECIAL SPACE FOR YOU!!!" on the ground.
0

#8116 User is offline   GoBucs21 

  • Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 33,181
  • Joined: 10-December 08
  • Gender:Male

Posted 30 April 2017 - 02:05 PM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 30 April 2017 - 12:45 PM, said:

People that back into parking spaces- because that's been all the fucking rage over the last 2 years- but are shitty at it, so they end up taking up 2 parking spaces with their park jobs, which they don't bother to check as they run into the mall or church.

Love the people online that keep sidewalk chalk in their car, trace a new space around the car, and write "A SPECIAL SPACE FOR YOU!!!" on the ground.

And take a half an hour to execute it.
"It's probably true. Trump probably did it, because people in power tend to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and usually get away with it."
17 April 2017
Winter's response to my post that Trump may have raped a teenage girl.

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.
0

#8117 User is offline   coolpapacole 

  • Utterly irrelevant
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8,770
  • Joined: 18-November 08
  • Gender:Male

Posted 30 April 2017 - 02:11 PM

Yeah, the people that back into spots in a parking garage are fucking assholes. It is way easier to back out than in and there is pretty much no reason to ever back in unless backing out is somehow dangerous. It isn't in a parking garage.
1

#8118 User is offline   GoBucs21 

  • Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 33,181
  • Joined: 10-December 08
  • Gender:Male

Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:31 PM

Daniel Hudson pitching in a Pirate uniform.
"It's probably true. Trump probably did it, because people in power tend to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and usually get away with it."
17 April 2017
Winter's response to my post that Trump may have raped a teenage girl.

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.
0

#8119 User is offline   NCBuccofan 

  • All Star
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,716
  • Joined: 19-April 16

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:11 PM

when i leave my umbrella in the car and it starts pouring the minute i get up to leave...ill just stay here for now.
0

#8120 User is offline   oblongatta 

  • Supreme Overlord of the Universe
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 15,697
  • Joined: 17-November 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a bar
  • Interests:Whisper Fighting

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:22 AM

Is backing your car into the corner space on the top level of a garage and being partially over the line into the non-space area ok?

asking for a friend.
You're pretty on the inside,
That's better than not pretty at all,
You're pretty on the inside,
Too bad I'm an outside kinda pretty guy.
0

Share this topic:


  • 410 Pages +
  • « First
  • 404
  • 405
  • 406
  • 407
  • 408
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic