Pittsburgh Pirates: Former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky indicted on felony charges of sex crimes against minors - Pittsburgh Pirates

• 265 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky indicted on felony charges of sex crimes against minors Rate Topic: -----

#41 Guest_u0007890_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:15 PM

This gives the university the excuse it needs to dump Paterno...they've won enough this year he probably would have held on another year otherwise.

#42 User is offline   herrmorpheus 

• Penguin In The Desert
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:21 PM

What's amazing is that there are people on the Penn State boards across the internet who say they knew about the charges, knew about the depth of the accusations, and said that they had hoped it was all just going to go away.

How can you possibly know about any of this and just want to ignore it, all in the name of your college sports team?
Save a journalist, buy a newspaper.

#43 User is offline   Thunder 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:23 PM

View PostDoctorJohnnyFever, on 05 November 2011 - 03:11 PM, said:

I don't think he deserves the opportunity retire and leave on his own. He should be fired, as should everybody else that's still there that's associated with this.

I'm pretty sure that there will be heads rolling in the next few days. I can't imagine that the university would just let things sit there. To not penalize the players, I could see him finishing the season, but the house needs cleaning.

#44 User is offline   crosscuttersno1 

• Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:24 PM

My God.....fire everyone. From the waterboy to the school President. As a taxpayer in this state this is beyond embarrassing. It was time for a coaching change. Now, its time to clean house.
Failure is the key to success.

#45 User is offline   crosscuttersno1 

• Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:28 PM

Sandusky can recieve over 400 years in jail, or as a saviour to us all, he could just end it all....if you know what I mean.
Failure is the key to success.

#46 User is offline   brendansdad 

• Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:30 PM

View Postcrosscuttersno1, on 05 November 2011 - 03:28 PM, said:

Sandusky can recieve over 400 years in jail, or as a saviour to us all, he could just end it all....if you know what I mean.

Yeah...he needs to suck the pipe and end it all...more importantly the victims don't need to be victimized again by being made to testify in court.
"You're like a jukebox of stupidity..." Penguin on Aso.

"Oh you know what I'm trying to say you canadian ponce." Ecbenito questioning MVK 7/12/2011

"For as much as you pimped Hosmer as the second coming of Christ, Jesus shouldn't have a down year." NYPirate

“There are a lot of really good baseball people who feel very differently than our fans do about what we’re accomplishing." Neal Huntingdon

#47 User is offline   herrmorpheus 

• Penguin In The Desert
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:32 PM

View PostThunder, on 05 November 2011 - 03:23 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure that there will be heads rolling in the next few days. I can't imagine that the university would just let things sit there. To not penalize the players, I could see him finishing the season, but the house needs cleaning.

When the president of the university says the two accused of perjury have his "unconditional support", I don't think we should assume the university will do anything.
Save a journalist, buy a newspaper.

#48 Guest_u0007890_*

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:49 PM

View Postherrmorpheus, on 05 November 2011 - 03:32 PM, said:

When the president of the university says the two accused of perjury have his "unconditional support", I don't think we should assume the university will do anything.

Yeah, Spanier is staking his reputation on this with these comments fully supporting guys inducted for felonies. If Curley and Schultz go down, hard to see him surviving.

#49 User is offline   ecbenito 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:56 PM

View Postu0007890, on 05 November 2011 - 03:49 PM, said:

Yeah, Spanier is staking his reputation on this with these comments fully supporting guys inducted for felonies. If Curley and Schultz go down, hard to see him surviving.

Spanier is fucking terrible and I've thought so for about a decade now. The man was completely inept at getting any state funding and would generally just go to Harrisburg, bend over for Rendell and just take it. The old boys' network at that school is long overdue to be put out to pasture. Maybe then they can get a decent bball coach too. Hopefully Urban Meyer goes white knight and swoops in.

#50 User is online   DoctorJohnnyFever 

• WiH owns me
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:20 PM

Right now somebody at Penn State has to be thinking, "Why couldn't our scandal be as simple as some free tattoos."

#51 User is offline   mzimmerman81 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:56 PM

This will at least rid Penn State of it's main problems:

Curley
Football coaches

As for Sandusky, what a disgrace.
5 GP

10-16, 4-2B, 2-3B, 9 RBI, 6 R

#52 User is offline   mzimmerman81 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:04 PM

View PostThunder, on 05 November 2011 - 12:56 PM, said:

I'd say that if the knowledge was as widespread as it appears...the nuclear option is going to get unleashed on the Penn State football program. Not the players, mind you, and the NCAA won't be the ones doing it.

If the charges are true, I see no way that the AD can stay in his job, and that this would be Paterno's last season.

The current Penn State football program shouldn't see anything occur. The people involved should be criminally charged if convicted and rightfully so. I am sure this will all get sorted out.
5 GP

10-16, 4-2B, 2-3B, 9 RBI, 6 R

#53 User is offline   Jeff King 

• Proficient At Judging Books By Their Covers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Location:Men's Room Stall Doing Lines With Josh Hamilton And A Couple Of Broads

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:22 PM

"This is a case about a sexual predator who used his position within the university and community to repeatedly prey on young boys," Kelly said.

Wait. So, Sandusky is a clergyman?
Posted Image

To leave feedback or to reach me directly, please use this intercom.

#54 Guest_u0007890_*

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:27 PM

http://rivals.yahoo....sex_case_110511

Wow. Wetzel HAMMERS Spanier, etc.

#55 User is offline   Trey_Beamon 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:39 PM

View Postu0007890, on 05 November 2011 - 03:15 PM, said:

This gives the university the excuse it needs to dump Paterno...they've won enough this year he probably would have held on another year otherwise.

Yup.

It would be a horrible way to end a great career, but he -- and everyone else on the football staff -- has to go. What a mess.

#56 User is offline   Thunder 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:57 PM

View Postmzimmerman81, on 05 November 2011 - 05:04 PM, said:

The current Penn State football program shouldn't see anything occur. The people involved should be criminally charged if convicted and rightfully so. I am sure this will all get sorted out.

Nothing will happen to the players, they aren't the ones that were in the wrong. If the staff were canned effective immediately, that would punish the players. I think that anything that happens with the coaching staff, it will probably be effective at the end of the season. But it should be announced this week.

#57 User is offline   bucsbriana 

• Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:14 PM

Sandusky is a pig and deserves what he gets - but Curley and Shultz deserve the harshest sentence they can be given also, which looks like 7 years is the max allowed. For any family that has a child that was molested after Curley and Shultz had knowledge of that first victim, if I were those family members, I would want to go beat the hell out of those two. Who hears a story from a grad student that says the coach and young boy were in the shower having sexual activity and do nothing?

This by definition is the frickin good 'ol boys club, that at any cost will protect each other - particularly in the name of sports.

The lifetime of harm done to those boys is truly sad.

#58 User is offline   Trey_Beamon 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:16 PM

Just read the grand jury link that brendansdad provided ... holy fuck. I assumed there were one or two victims, not eight (and who knows how many unreported incidents over the years). Wetzel mentioned it in his column, and I thought it was just hyperbole before reading the testimony, but this really is perhaps the biggest scandal in NCAA history.

Given that he's currently free on bond, I wouldn't be surprised if Sandusky blew his brains out the next few days.

#59 User is offline   donwengert4life 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:29 PM

According to the Harrisburg Patriot-News, the authorities are actually praising Paterno for his actions and say he'll be a witness for the prosecution.

I can't believe Sandusky is free, actually. Prosecution asked for $500,000 bond and the district justice offered him $100,000 unsecured. I think this is indicative of the fact that prosecuting this case in Centre County will be very difficult. There are a large number of dyed-in-the-wool PSU lunatics there who think that PSU football and everyone associated with it walks on water.

Spanier and Schultz will be prosecuted in Harrisburg. I think the odds of conviction are probably higher for them, given the location of the trial.

#60 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:29 PM

Yeah, they're for sure fucked.

You can actually hear Urban Meyer distancing himself from any connection to Penn State.
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

Share this topic:

• 265 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic