2016 Movie Thread The one for 2016. And movies in it. Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   oblongatta 

• Supreme Overlord of the Universe
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Whisper Fighting

Posted 22 January 2016 - 11:03 AM

View PostMa13tt0, on 22 January 2016 - 09:53 AM, said:

I watched Spectre. I thought it kinda sucked. Wasn't all that interesting for some reason. I don't know what it is they I didn't like about it, but I just didn't find it to be a good movie.

rolling through the movies?

I figure this either means you have a girlfriend and you're past the sex stage and into the watch movies at night phase. Or, more likely, you are on house arrest. When you freeze your jeans outside, you are not supposed to stand naked next to them. That shit will get you arrested.
You're pretty on the inside,
That's better than not pretty at all,
Too bad I'm an outside kinda pretty guy.

#22 User is online   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2016 - 11:03 AM

View Postsilverspring, on 22 January 2016 - 10:32 AM, said:

Love Zoolander, fed my need for absurdity. But the trailer for Zoolander 2 is uninspiring.

If its anything like Anchorman 2, its an unneeded sequel I dont want to watch.
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM

#23 User is online   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2016 - 11:05 AM

View Postoblongatta, on 22 January 2016 - 11:03 AM, said:

rolling through the movies?

I figure this either means you have a girlfriend and you're past the sex stage and into the watch movies at night phase. Or, more likely, you are on house arrest. When you freeze your jeans outside, you are not supposed to stand naked next to them. That shit will get you arrested.

Look, its a bunch of horse shit that a man can't make naked snow angels in his own front yard. Not my fault theres a middle school a block away. They were asking for it.

Plus I noticed that Interstellar and Ex Machina were on Prime. And Spectre was on Popcorn Time. 3 movies I wanted to see but never went to see.

#24 User is offline   Jeff King 

• Proficient At Judging Books By Their Covers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Location:Men's Room Stall Doing Lines With Josh Hamilton And A Couple Of Broads

Posted 22 January 2016 - 11:22 AM

I saw, "Spotlight," last night. Very good film.
Posted Image

To leave feedback or to reach me directly, please use this intercom.

#25 Guest_defdog_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 January 2016 - 11:52 AM

View PostMa13tt0, on 22 January 2016 - 11:05 AM, said:

Plus I noticed that Interstellar on Prime.

So is Kentucky Fried Movie.

Both literally have shit scenes.

#26 User is offline   buckeyebucco 

• Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:00 PM

View PostMa13tt0, on 22 January 2016 - 11:03 AM, said:

If its anything like Anchorman 2, its an unneeded sequel I dont want to watch.

Yeah the only comedy sequel I will pay for is Super Troopers when it finally comes out

#27 User is online   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:17 PM

View Postbuckeyebucco, on 22 January 2016 - 12:00 PM, said:

Yeah the only comedy sequel I will pay for is Super Troopers when it finally comes out

Every other Broken Lizard movie is good, followed by shit.

Super Troopers
Club Dread
Beer Fest
Slammin Salmon

I'm hoping Super Troopers 2 keeps the trend going.

#28 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:54 PM

I still say 13 Hours is the best movie I've seen in quite a while. It's a shame it's become a political lightning rod as that only diminishes how great of a movie it truly is.
"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, Im not sure they would have won the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#29 User is online   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:03 PM

View PostPenguin, on 24 January 2016 - 12:54 PM, said:

I still say 13 Hours is the best movie I've seen in quite a while. It's a shame it's become a political lightning rod as that only diminishes how great of a movie it truly is.

How fired up do you think Monarch is over that movie
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#30 Guest_Utterly Irredeemable_*

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:22 PM

View PostPenguin, on 24 January 2016 - 12:54 PM, said:

The entire purpose of making the movie was to make a political statement, so that's not really surprising.

#31 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:37 PM

View PostUtterly Irredeemable, on 24 January 2016 - 01:22 PM, said:

The entire purpose of making the movie was to make a political statement, so that's not really surprising.

Actually it's not. The movie is about what these guys endured and accomplished. They weren't interested whether Clinton is a lying cunt. Yes, that's part of the story but not what the movie is about. But it seems that's what it's become to many people reviewing it and now discussing it. It's a shame because it diminishes a really great movie.

Bay wasn't making a JFK type movie where Stone tried to expose all the lies (while making up his own). He made a movie about these soldier's experience.
"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, Im not sure they would have won the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#32 User is offline   weaponsmaster 

• All Star
  • PipPip

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:01 AM

View PostPenguin, on 24 January 2016 - 01:37 PM, said:

Actually it's not. The movie is about what these guys endured and accomplished. They weren't interested whether Clnton is a lying cunt. Yes, that's part of the story but not what the movie is about. But it seems that's what it's become to many people reviewing it and now discussing it. It's a shame because it diminishes a really great movie.

Bay wasn't making a JFK type movie where Stone tried to expose all the lies (while making up his own). He made a movie about these soldiers experience.

I also thought it was one of the best Ive seen in awhile. Im a Star Wars nut and this was alot better movie. Hillary wasn't mentioned one single time. It really was exactly like Penguin explained, what they endured over there.

I actually liked it better than Lone Survior, Hurt Locker and American Sniper.

#33 User is online   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:12 PM

The Big Short was my favorite movie of the year
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#34 User is offline   oblongatta 

• Supreme Overlord of the Universe
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Whisper Fighting

Posted 05 February 2016 - 06:48 PM

I finally made it out to see the Big Short. Really excellent. I read the book first but never thought it could be a movie. Just a really good job. It's tough making something that was so devastating be humorous. And you really end up rooting for the guys in the movie even though you come to realize, you're rooting for guys to get unbelievably rich and at the same time, lots of innocent people are going to be hurt in the process. But the plus is that lots of other shitty rich people are going too become poor, although not enough of them.

I think I still might rate Ex-Machina and The Martian as better but that's three excellent movies from last year.
That's better than not pretty at all,
Too bad I'm an outside kinda pretty guy.

#35 User is offline   ECBucs 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:51 PM

Saw Hail, Caesar tonight and thought it was very good.

#36 User is offline   silverspring 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:13 PM

View PostECBucs, on 05 February 2016 - 09:51 PM, said:

Saw Hail, Caesar tonight and thought it was very good.

Did a fat liar tear your ticket?

#37 Guest_defdog_*

Posted 05 February 2016 - 11:36 PM

Hey I'm glad ecbucs went and saw it! The trailer looks amazing and a little Wes Anderson-esque crazy!

Glad the Cohen Bros are trying new things.

#38 Guest_blurjose_*

Posted 05 February 2016 - 11:42 PM

Anomalisa is the best film I've seen in a long time.

#39 User is offline   ECBucs 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 06 February 2016 - 02:48 PM

View Postdefdog, on 05 February 2016 - 11:36 PM, said:

Hey I'm glad ecbucs went and saw it! The trailer looks amazing and a little Wes Anderson-esque crazy!

Glad the Cohen Bros are trying new things.

i am part of minority that likes Wes Anderson especially Bottle Rocket and Fantastic Mr. Fox.

#40 User is offline   jestor92 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 06 February 2016 - 04:30 PM

I cant wait for Deadpool
Jose Tabata, Pedro Alvarez, and Andrew McCutchen are the new Jason Kendall, Brian Giles, and Kevin Young (in his prime) players that are good, but surrounded by crap which will make them losers.
Who needs a good team on the field when you have fireworks and bobbleheads!

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic