• You cannot reply to this topic

Official Gaming Thread What are you playing now? Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   jeffr92 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

View PostDoctorJohnnyFever, on 06 May 2012 - 11:05 PM, said:

Has your Blades of Steel cartridge become too much of a bitch to get to work?

#22 User is offline   PF82 

• no-talent goon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

I saw a flier today for a Starcraft II LAN party. I didnt think people had LAN parties anymore. Plus it was an actual printed flier. I thought I had timewarped to 2001 or something.
"I have to admit
I thought I was shock proof"

#23 User is offline   Trey_Beamon 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

Still a better announcer than Tim Neverett.

#24 User is offline   engma 

• All Star
  • PipPip

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:48 PM

View PostMa13tt0, on 07 May 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

I'll be honest, until recently I never had a great PC to play games on. Either laptop or just a mediocre desktop. But now that I spent the money to upgrade it I think it's worth it. I still prefer console games over PC games, probably because my living room is more comfortable than my computer room but I think it really pays off. You can find great deals on stuff like memory and shit and on top of that some of Steam's sales are amazing. Hell Origin had a great sale that got me Saints Row 3 and BF3 for $45 total. Its more timing, and patience but its been pretty damn great.

Also so far only a handful of people online have called me a Ni***r or a fag. Seems to be a more "mature" audience compared to Xbox live.

I can see where the living room would be more comfortable, I'm just more of a mouse/keyboard person when it comes to controls. I've upgraded where I can but I've topped out on the mobo so a whole new system is in order. Having seen some of the games I listed before come out has caused me to seriously make the plunge.

#25 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

View Postengma, on 07 May 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

I can see where the living room would be more comfortable, I'm just more of a mouse/keyboard person when it comes to controls. I've upgraded where I can but I've topped out on the mobo so a whole new system is in order. Having seen some of the games I listed before come out has caused me to seriously make the plunge.

I bought a pretty low end gaming computer last year. The motheboard was the best, the rest was just cheap stuff to get you to the minimum requirements. Upgraded everything, so I took the lazy man's route. As far as set up I need a more comfortable chair, mines like 15 years old probably. Should just buy a new one.
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM

#26 Guest_defdog_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

The new Ivy Bridge CPUs by Intel are supposed to be the "death" of PCI graphics cards.

The built in GFX in the CPU chip will be good enough that only extreme users will need to buy an external gfx card.

Which is probably the truth. The new AMD bulldog chips have 800 shaders. That's as many as my 5770.

#27 User is offline   engma 

• All Star
  • PipPip

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:19 PM

It'd be my luck that I would upgrade and find out they are the last generation of a dying brand or system. Should just buy an xbox.

#28 User is offline   seanawesome 

• Master of the Powerbomb
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

I just got a PS3 a month ago and was played MLB The Show for awhile. Pretty fun game, but the Road to the Show was just taking too long and I got tired of it. What was funnny is I got traded from the Pirates to the Orioles for Ronnie Paulino. That amused me. But right now I am catching up on the Uncharted series, so I'm on the first one way back. Should be lots of gameplay ahead for me.

#29 Guest_blurjose_*

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

View Postseanawesome, on 07 May 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

But right now I am catching up on the Uncharted series, so I'm on the first one way back. Should be lots of gameplay ahead for me.

I usually don't like games that are so linear in terms of their gameplay, but this series really is all it's cracked up to be. The narrative really gets you caring about the characters and the gameplay switches back and forth thus keeping things fresh.

#30 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

View Postseanawesome, on 07 May 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

I just got a PS3 a month ago and was played MLB The Show for awhile. Pretty fun game, but the Road to the Show was just taking too long and I got tired of it. What was funnny is I got traded from the Pirates to the Orioles for Ronnie Paulino. That amused me. But right now I am catching up on the Uncharted series, so I'm on the first one way back. Should be lots of gameplay ahead for me.

Personally I thought the first one was easily the worst of the 3 so far. The story was decent, but I just didn't think it was all that great, basically a mediocre game. But 2 and 3 really just obliterated the first one. Like Blur said I liked the characters by then and really loved the storyline. It probably sounds pretentious but those two games in my opinion shouldnt really be called games. The term interactive movie probably describes them the best.

#31 User is offline   seanawesome 

• Master of the Powerbomb
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

Word, yeah I thought about just starting on the second one but figured I should get the full experience.

#32 Guest_Nickflair04_*

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

I'm on the Uncharted bandwagon as well. My favorite games ever.

#33 Guest_blurjose_*

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

View PostMa13tt0, on 07 May 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

Personally I thought the first one was easily the worst of the 3 so far. The story was decent, but I just didn't think it was all that great, basically a mediocre game. But 2 and 3 really just obliterated the first one. Like Blur said I liked the characters by then and really loved the storyline. It probably sounds pretentious but those two games in my opinion shouldnt really be called games. The term interactive movie probably describes them the best.

I agree that it borders on being an interactive movie, but a game that is TRULY an interactive movie is something like "Heavy Rain". I think Heavy Rain was really an underrated game so long as you go into it with the expectations that you are going to direct a film rather than do anything action oriented.

And actually, the Walking Dead game is half-way between an interactive show and one of those old point and click adventures.

#34 Guest_defdog_*

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:43 PM

Posted Image

Interactive movie. The thing originally ran on a laser disc.

#35 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:53 PM

View Postblurjose, on 07 May 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

I agree that it borders on being an interactive movie, but a game that is TRULY an interactive movie is something like "Heavy Rain". I think Heavy Rain was really an underrated game so long as you go into it with the expectations that you are going to direct a film rather than do anything action oriented.

And actually, the Walking Dead game is half-way between an interactive show and one of those old point and click adventures.

Yeah Heavy Rain was great. Its more of a drama interactive movie compared to Uncharted which is obviously action. I still think the most intense gaming moment I've had in the last few years was in Heavy Rain, two of them actually. One was when you're the reporter chick and you get drugged by the crazy Doctor guy and have to cut yourself free. The other was when youre the FBI agent and you're stuck in your car and its about to me crushed. Both were insanely intense. I'm hoping they make a Heavy Rain 2 because they dropped some important plot items mid game and never really talked about them again.

#36 User is offline   aso513 

• Not An Alias
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:37 AM

Best game of all time:

Posted Image

#37 User is offline   buckeyebucco 

• Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

Lookin forward to the new resident evil and the tomb raider reboot

#38 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

View Postbuckeyebucco, on 08 May 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

Lookin forward to the new resident evil and the tomb raider reboot

RE6? I am too. I thought I read that for once you can move and shoot at the same time. Which will be awesome. The Tomb Raider game I lost track of but I was really interested when it first came out. A more survival type game than before.

#39 User is offline   buckeyebucco 

• Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PostMa13tt0, on 08 May 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

RE6? I am too. I thought I read that for once you can move and shoot at the same time. Which will be awesome. The Tomb Raider game I lost track of but I was really interested when it first came out. A more survival type game than before.
When was the last Tomb Raider. Has to be around ten years

#40 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

View Postbuckeyebucco, on 08 May 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

When was the last Tomb Raider. Has to be around ten years

Looks like 2008. http://en.wikipedia....der#Video_games

Seems like this new one has been talked about for like 2 years now.

Share this topic:

• 23 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic