Pittsburgh Pirates: Booking WWE - Pittsburgh Pirates

Jump to content

  • 39 Pages +
  • « First
  • 37
  • 38
  • 39
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Booking WWE Road To WrestleMania 31 Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Booking WWE (29 member(s) have cast votes)

How ghey is this thread?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#761 User is offline   jestor92 

  • Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,782
  • Joined: 20-November 08

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:44 PM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 02 August 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

I don't get it either. I like the entrance and ring presence, but he just seems really goofy to me, and being a highly-hyped Japanese wrestler, I was actually expecting more athleticism.

Is Summerslam already this Sunday? My brother-in-law wanted to get it, but I don't think he should waste his money. Is there anything compelling on the card at all?

Im not sure when it is.

So far it's

Lesnar v stroman v joe v reigns raw title
Mahal v nakamora for Smackdown title
KO vs Styles for US title with Shane as guest ref
Bayley v bliss raw ladies title
Natty vs whoever is Smackdown ladies title
Jose Tabata, Pedro Alvarez, and Andrew McCutchen are the new Jason Kendall, Brian Giles, and Kevin Young (in his prime) players that are good, but surrounded by crap which will make them losers.
Who needs a good team on the field when you have fireworks and bobbleheads!
0

#762 User is online   Winterset Resurrection 

  • TEAM CAT
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,638
  • Joined: 15-November 16
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:57 PM

Thanks Jestor.

1. How many major PPV's in a row has Reigns highlighted? It's awful. Just awful.

2. I personally like juiced up heel Mahal. Nice international flair to that match.

3. KO vs Styles will be the best night of the match, and it won't be close.

4. I think Alexa Bliss is terrible.

5. Shocked that Marty has gotten another push. I assumed she was out of WWE.
0

#763 User is offline   v2burghboy 

  • Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 15,487
  • Joined: 24-February 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:01 PM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 02 August 2017 - 08:57 PM, said:

Thanks Jestor.

1. How many major PPV's in a row has Reigns highlighted? It's awful. Just awful.

2. I personally like juiced up heel Mahal. Nice international flair to that match.

3. KO vs Styles will be the best night of the match, and it won't be close.

4. I think Alexa Bliss is terrible.

5. Shocked that Marty has gotten another push. I assumed she was out of WWE.


1. Reigns is really, really over as a heel with adults and as a face with kids. He's John Cena light, and that's OK. The guy is money and if used correctly can help make more stars.

2. It sucks that they didn't do a build for this run. I liked the initial win to be #1 contender. But then have him then lose the championship match and then work his way back up to the title scene (it could have been over a few months) and then win as a heel with the Singhs involved. Unfortunately, people don't care about him. I like the character, but the build was botched. He needs a reset without the belt. I'd prefer him dropping it to Styles or Jericho and then helping the Singhs win the tag belts.

3. I don't know. They haven't shown much chemistry to date. Maybe they are two ring generals that are having trouble calling the match.on paper. It's an amazing match-up on paper, so let's hope they get into a rhythm for the PPV

4. What?????? She is money. So much money. It would not shock me to see her be the face of the women's division for the next 5 years. She might not be as good in the ring as Charlotte, Bayley, Sasha and Becky, but she's a superstar in the making.

5. Blow me, cocksucker.
0

#764 User is offline   Grey 

  • Bear Down Arizona
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,597
  • Joined: 31-July 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bellefonte Pa
  • Interests:Buccos, Steelers, Pens, PSU, University of Arizona

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:13 PM

I know nothing about pro wrestling, but voted Tim Asshole Williams ghey, just because.
Heineken? Fuck that shit...Pabst Blue Ribbon!
0

#765 User is online   Winterset Resurrection 

  • TEAM CAT
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,638
  • Joined: 15-November 16
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:15 AM

v2, the problem with Reigns making other guys into stars is that Vince won't let anybody beat him.

I mean seriously, when is the last time the guy has lost? It's just stupid.

I know you know a ton more about wrestling than me, so I try to see what you're saying here, and try to hope there's some larger strategy in play. But it's like seeing Neal Huntington make a shitty trade, and hoping there's some bigger plan in place, when in reality, it was just a shitty trade.

Tough to leave a PPV feeling great when the Main Event is always won by a guy with no personality, no mic skills, a predictable, limited repertoire, and is hated by all adult fans- not because he's a correctly-built heel, but because he's been shoved in our faces as a "face" by Cince McMahon for 5 years straight.
0

#766 User is online   Winterset Resurrection 

  • TEAM CAT
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,638
  • Joined: 15-November 16
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:16 AM

PS. 100% agree on your Mahal thoughts though.
0

#767 User is offline   jestor92 

  • Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,782
  • Joined: 20-November 08

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:23 AM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 03 August 2017 - 04:15 AM, said:

v2, the problem with Reigns making other guys into stars is that Vince won't let anybody beat him.

I mean seriously, when is the last time the guy has lost? It's just stupid.

I know you know a ton more about wrestling than me, so I try to see what you're saying here, and try to hope there's some larger strategy in play. But it's like seeing Neal Huntington make a shitty trade, and hoping there's some bigger plan in place, when in reality, it was just a shitty trade.

Tough to leave a PPV feeling great when the Main Event is always won by a guy with no personality, no mic skills, a predictable, limited repertoire, and is hated by all adult fans- not because he's a correctly-built heel, but because he's been shoved in our faces as a "face" by Cince McMahon for 5 years straight.

Stroman beat him a few times since mania. in fact when they should have been pushing him to the moon after retiring taker they decide to let him get beat by Stroman. Makes no sense.
Jose Tabata, Pedro Alvarez, and Andrew McCutchen are the new Jason Kendall, Brian Giles, and Kevin Young (in his prime) players that are good, but surrounded by crap which will make them losers.
Who needs a good team on the field when you have fireworks and bobbleheads!
0

#768 User is online   Winterset Resurrection 

  • TEAM CAT
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,638
  • Joined: 15-November 16
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:45 AM

I don't know what they're going to do with Stroman. They usually seem very risk-averse with giving oddities shots at the title, so my guess is he eventually gets the Nig Show treatment until he's no longer interesting.
0

#769 User is offline   v2burghboy 

  • Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 15,487
  • Joined: 24-February 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:08 AM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 03 August 2017 - 08:45 AM, said:

I don't know what they're going to do with Stroman. They usually seem very risk-averse with giving oddities shots at the title, so my guess is he eventually gets the Nig Show treatment until he's no longer interesting.


That's racist.
0

#770 User is online   Winterset Resurrection 

  • TEAM CAT
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,638
  • Joined: 15-November 16
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:44 PM

View Postv2burghboy, on 03 August 2017 - 10:08 AM, said:

That's racist.


Holy shit. My iPhone is racist.

Sorry v2. My autocorrect is one sneaky- and apparently bigoted- son of a bitch.
0

#771 User is offline   v2burghboy 

  • Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 15,487
  • Joined: 24-February 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:17 PM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 03 August 2017 - 03:44 PM, said:

Holy shit. My iPhone is racist.

Sorry v2. My autocorrect is one sneaky- and apparently bigoted- son of a bitch.


Why is your phone autocorrecting to nig?

Also, when I type autoxorrecting it does not autocorrect to autocorrecting. That's messed up. Anyway, I think they should do a texting storyline where a big, controversial secret at the end could ruin someone's professional and personal life only for it to end in a lame in-ring hug.
1

#772 User is online   Winterset Resurrection 

  • TEAM CAT
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,638
  • Joined: 15-November 16
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:26 PM

View Postv2burghboy, on 03 August 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

Why is your phone autocorrecting to nig?

Also, when I type autoxorrecting it does not autocorrect to autocorrecting. That's messed up. Anyway, I think they should do a texting storyline where a big, controversial secret at the end could ruin someone's professional and personal life only for it to end in a lame in-ring hug.


That reminds me of the storyarc where they had a "secret GM" on RAW that planned out all of the matches. Fans really liked the gimmick, until they copped out and just made it Hornswaggle. People got pissed.
0

#773 User is offline   jestor92 

  • Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,782
  • Joined: 20-November 08

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:39 PM

Met Diamond Dallas Page tonight at the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Railriders game tonight. Seemed like a really cool guy.
Jose Tabata, Pedro Alvarez, and Andrew McCutchen are the new Jason Kendall, Brian Giles, and Kevin Young (in his prime) players that are good, but surrounded by crap which will make them losers.
Who needs a good team on the field when you have fireworks and bobbleheads!
0

#774 User is online   Winterset Resurrection 

  • TEAM CAT
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,638
  • Joined: 15-November 16
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:25 AM

Awesome! When they brought him back a few years ago, he still looked great. Did you get to talk to him at all, or just say hi?
0

#775 User is offline   jestor92 

  • Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,782
  • Joined: 20-November 08

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:20 AM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 04 August 2017 - 05:25 AM, said:

Awesome! When they brought him back a few years ago, he still looked great. Did you get to talk to him at all, or just say hi?

Basically just said hi told him i loved the feud he had with savage. He said those times were the best. Shook his hand got a pic and autograph.
Jose Tabata, Pedro Alvarez, and Andrew McCutchen are the new Jason Kendall, Brian Giles, and Kevin Young (in his prime) players that are good, but surrounded by crap which will make them losers.
Who needs a good team on the field when you have fireworks and bobbleheads!
1

Share this topic:


  • 39 Pages +
  • « First
  • 37
  • 38
  • 39
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic