• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2015-16 NBA Season Thread Rate Topic: -----

#1161 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:55 PM

Maybe, but Phil has also added more young talent than everyone else in the last decade. Porz was a major risk, and it turned out better than could have hoped. And Willie Hernangomez was a steal in the 2nd. Throw in Kuz and Baker and others.... it's a nice base to build on.
I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many posting errors.

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

#1162 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:02 PM

View Postjcharding, on 19 April 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

Maybe, but Phil has also added more young talent than everyone else in the last decade. Porz was a major risk, and it turned out better than could have hoped. And Willie Hernangomez was a steal in the 2nd. Throw in Kuz and Baker and others.... it's a nice base to build on.

Porzingas ended up in New York because he was the last guy left in a 4 player draft. Part of why he ended up there is he nearly forced his way there by not working out for Philly. We're really giving him a thumbs up for taking a 7 foot extra terrestrial over Mario Hezonja, Willie Cauley-Stein, and Emmanuel Mudiay(the next 3 picks)? Really? Hernangomez does look useful, that I will give him. But many argue that he's stunted the growth of Porzingas by surrounding him by ball dominant wings(Rose and Melo) and not letting him learn as the lead guy. He said he didn't want to put pressure on Porzingas, which seems to have angered Porzingas to the point where he skipped his exit interview.

Doing all of this while being only part time present throughout the season. And then taking credit only for the positive and pointing fingers for negatives and being one of the highest paid front office execs in basketball. Nothing like teaching your guys accountability as a leader.
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#1163 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:16 PM

A lot of mocks had Mudiay as the Knicks pick. Porz wasn't a given, and many had him sliding. The fans and many commentators all hated the pick. Arguing that the Knicks couldn't afford to wait the 3 years until Porz became useful. The Knicks have gottten really lucky on multiple levels with Porz. Of course they are blowing it now.
I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many posting errors.

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

#1164 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:29 PM

View Postjcharding, on 19 April 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

A lot of mocks had Mudiay as the Knicks pick. Porz wasn't a given, and many had him sliding. The fans and many commentators all hated the pick. Arguing that the Knicks couldn't afford to wait the 3 years until Porz became useful. The Knicks have gottten really lucky on multiple levels with Porz. Of course they are blowing it now.

There are many stories about that draft that point to Jackson being saved from himself as well. Clarence Gaines Jr was the big Porzingas guy in that room, and Jackson was praying for Okafor. One of his scouts had to point out to him that Porzingas was potentially a once in a generation talent.

Of course Jackson in his infinite wisdom post draft said that Porzingas may be "too tall for the game" and compared him to Shawn Bradley.
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#1165 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:51 PM

See I never take those comments literally. Phil has always said things like that to needle his players. It seemed to work better when he was the coach though.

A good decision maker listens to his people though. I take that as a positive - his listening to Gaines.

#1166 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:47 PM

Westbrook got up 43 shots in a loss. 51-10-13-4. That roster is hot garbage after him.

#1167 User is offline   dcity21 

• Pittsburgh Pirate
  • Pip

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:11 AM

If only they could defend he would win them a fuck ton of games more all by himself. The fact that they are as bad as they are on offense AND defense is embarrassing. You would think they should at least have been able to pull together good defensive players to put out there with him.

To be fair I have only watched a couple of their games all year and maybe this Houston team is so good on offense, which it seems to be, that it makes OKC look reeeeeeally bad on defense.
Baseball is like our nation's government.. They are both horribly broken and unfair systems.. ZING!

#1168 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:40 AM

View Postdcity21, on 20 April 2017 - 05:11 AM, said:

If only they could defend he would win them a fuck ton of games more all by himself. The fact that they are as bad as they are on offense AND defense is embarrassing. You would think they should at least have been able to pull together good defensive players to put out there with him.

To be fair I have only watched a couple of their games all year and maybe this Houston team is so good on offense, which it seems to be, that it makes OKC look reeeeeeally bad on defense.

Enes Kanter is possibly the worst defensive big in the NBA. But that's also probably why he only played 7 minutes tonight.

#1169 User is offline   coolpapacole 

• Utterly irrelevant
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:59 AM

I almost never watch the NBA but I did check outa good bit of the second half of the first Warriors game. I had no idea Draymond Green was such a fucking force. I basically just thought of him as an instigator/dickhead type thanks to his dick kicking incidents, but he was freaking everywhere on defense. It was impressive as hell.

#1170 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:14 AM

Just when Rondo started becoming useful again he breaks his thumb.

#1171 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:28 AM

I don't understand how the Cavs rally from 29 points down to win a playoff game.

The NBA is basically just a video game, played with real people.
"The problem in this country, is that almost no one's sense of community or country extends beyond their wallet." -GoBucs

"Just let everyone do whatever they want. Sports are entertainment. Stop taking them so seriously." -PSU4Lyfe

#1172 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:29 AM

Winterset Resurrection, on 21 April 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

I don't understand how the Cavs rally from 29 points down to win a playoff game.

The NBA is basically just a video game, played with real people.

That LeBron James guy ain't half bad. And the Pacers went from shooting 10/16 in the first half from 3 to 5/25 from 3.

#1173 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:38 AM

View PostPSU4Lyfe, on 21 April 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

That LeBron James guy ain't half bad. And the Pacers went from shooting 10/16 in the first half from 3 to 5/25 from 3.

I would question why they were still shooting so many 3-pointers while up 29. I know that that's kind of their thing, but it seems like a pretty reckless strategy, given the situation.

The NBA seems incapable of coming up with the equivalent of the prevent defense or neutral zone trap/left wing lock. No lead is safe. Ever.
"The problem in this country, is that almost no one's sense of community or country extends beyond their wallet." -GoBucs

"Just let everyone do whatever they want. Sports are entertainment. Stop taking them so seriously." -PSU4Lyfe

#1174 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:51 AM

Winterset Resurrection, on 21 April 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

I would question why they were still shooting so many 3-pointers while up 29. I know that that's kind of their thing, but it seems like a pretty reckless strategy, given the situation.

The NBA seems incapable of coming up with the equivalent of the prevent defense or neutral zone trap/left wing lock. No lead is safe. Ever.

The beauty of the 24 second shot clock is you are forced to continue playing offense and can't just sit back in a prevent defense. That was an historic comeback but I did find it sort of funny that Paul George shit the bed so bad after talking shit on his teammates. He's going to have a ton of fun in LA watching the playoffs though.

#1175 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:17 PM

Westbrook has a triple double with over 3 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. First back to back triple doubles in a playoff series since Jason Kidd in 2002

#1176 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:34 PM

Good god Portland couldn't be having worse possessions

#1177 User is online   donwengert4life 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:51 PM

Nene. That was kind of unexpected.

Share this topic:

• 59 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic