• You cannot reply to this topic

College Basketball Rate Topic: -----

#201 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:56 AM

View PostNCBuccofan, on 13 April 2017 - 02:58 PM, said:

They are hardly the only state to pass those laws. Arizona passed a law banning gay marriage. So did California. NC was 4 years behind those two.

California did it by referendum or constitutional amendment, I forget which. Either way, it was a vote in the general election, not the legislature. It was successful due to two factors. The Utah Mormons pushed a shit ton of money into the campaign. The anti-gay marriage groups were also very good at rallying Black Christian/Church groups to vote for the ban.
"It's probably true. Trump probably did it, because people in power tend to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and usually get away with it."
17 April 2017
Winter's response to my post that Trump may have raped a teenage girl.

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#202 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:02 PM

View PostGoBucs21, on 17 April 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

California did it by referendum or constitutional amendment, I forget which. Either way, it was a vote in the general election, not the legislature. It was successful due to two factors. The Utah Mormons pushed a shit ton of money into the campaign. The anti-gay marriage groups were also very good at rallying Black Christian/Church groups to vote for the ban.

So odd that organized religion would want to stomp on someone's happiness and freedom....
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#203 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:09 PM

View PostPSU4Lyfe, on 17 April 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

So odd that organized religion would want to stomp on someone's happiness and freedom....

Both organized (Mormons) and semi-organized (Black Church groups) played a large role in the California referendum.
"It's probably true. Trump probably did it, because people in power tend to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and usually get away with it."
17 April 2017

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

#204 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:42 PM

Grayson Allen returning for his senior year
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#205 User is offline   NCBuccofan 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:10 PM

Pittsburgh announced as a NCAA tourney site in 2022. NC also added dates, so the fake repeal of HB2 worked.

Also non basketball, but the Frozen Four comes back in 2021, Wrestling and Volleyball in 2019.

#206 User is online   oblongatta 

• Supreme Overlord of the Universe
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Whisper Fighting

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:07 PM

Well the news at Pitt is that Stallings and the University will put restrictions on the ability of Cameron Johnson a University of Pittsburgh graduate alumnus' ability to transfer. Some justification is seen in the fact that many other schools do this. But it doesn't matter. Plain and simple, it is wrong. The University of Pittsburgh, of which I am a fellow graduate, should never put any restrictions on the chance for one of their alumni to achieve success. It should in fact do the opposite. The University should assist a graduate of the University in any way it can in the path of their future career.

This isn't even about amateur athletics, it is about the mission of a University.
You're pretty on the inside,
That's better than not pretty at all,
Too bad I'm an outside kinda pretty guy.

#207 User is offline   Jermaine Allensworth 

• All Star
  • PipPip

Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:27 PM

View Postoblongatta, on 31 May 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

Well the news at Pitt is that Stallings and the University will put restrictions on the ability of Cameron Johnson a University of Pittsburgh graduate alumnus' ability to transfer.

They should put restrictions on Stallings' coaching responsibilities. At this point, all he should be in charge of is getting his players water.

#208 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:36 PM

Well the news at Pitt is that Stallings and the University will put restrictions on the ability of Cameron Johnson a University of Pittsburgh graduate alumnus' ability to transfer. Some justification is seen in the fact that many other schools do this. But it doesn't matter. Plain and simple, it is wrong. The University of Pittsburgh, of which I am a fellow graduate, should never put any restrictions on the chance for one of their alumni to achieve success. It should in fact do the opposite. The University should assist a graduate of the University in any way it can in the path of their future career.

This isn't even about amateur athletics, it is about the mission of a University.

Well the kids always come first. College athletics are all about what's best for these damn kids and their education.

#209 User is offline   NCBuccofan 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:42 PM

Stallings did this to Pitt, and Vandy was not even a conference foe. Personally I am ok with it, since it makes those turds at UNCheat upset.

#210 User is offline   Gideon Clarke 

• GAY 4 CUTCH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bisexual for Kate Upton

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:56 PM

I'm sure UNC will be so bummed about whupping Pitt up and down the court every year for the forseeable future.

Kevin Stallings still has five years on his contract. What a clusterfuck. Can we graduate transfer him to another school?
"You know, I wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of the idiot who decided to make kickers part of football."

-Coach Marty Daniels

#211 User is online   oblongatta 

• Supreme Overlord of the Universe
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Whisper Fighting

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:09 PM

On dk's site, probably behind a paywall there's an interview with Stallings:

https://www.dkpittsb...sensitive-fans/

I really fucking hate this excuse for a coach.
That's better than not pretty at all,
Too bad I'm an outside kinda pretty guy.

#212 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:55 AM

View Postoblongatta, on 07 June 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

And it's not like this really comes as a surprise to anyone. Stallings was an incredibly underwhelming hire from the start.

I would've preferred to limp on with Jamie Dixon's substandard recruiting classes, than have to deal with this shit. He's basically imploding all the good years of Ben Howland/Jamie Dixon, all within 2 seasons.

#213 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:41 AM

View Postoblongatta, on 07 June 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

Pitt is just reaping the dividends of that move to the ACC. It just gets better and better.
17 April 2017

Robert F. Kennedy

#214 User is offline   Gideon Clarke 

• GAY 4 CUTCH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bisexual for Kate Upton

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:18 PM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 08 June 2017 - 08:55 AM, said:

And it's not like this really comes as a surprise to anyone. Stallings was an incredibly underwhelming hire from the start.

I would've preferred to limp on with Jamie Dixon's substandard recruiting classes, than have to deal with this shit. He's basically imploding all the good years of Ben Howland/Jamie Dixon, all within 2 seasons.

At least Jamie Dixon's recruiting classes stuck around a while, overachieved, and won some damn games. Stallings's first recruiting class didn't do shit, and they've already left.

Clusterfuck.
"You know, I wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of the idiot who decided to make kickers part of football."

-Coach Marty Daniels

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic