• You cannot reply to this topic

Hillary Clinton for President Rate Topic: -----

#12301 User is offline   Midnight Moose 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:58 PM

View PostDale Berra, on 27 April 2017 - 04:35 PM, said:

So, yeah... I really do think Trump is an idiot. But I'm also not as hard on him as some of you because, you know... money.

As good of a reason as any. If Trump stood to benefit my wallet, I'd probably be more supportive of him, as well.

#12302 User is offline   hir51 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:48 PM

F-word

#12303 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:32 PM

View PostMidnight Moose, on 27 April 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

As good of a reason as any. If Trump stood to benefit my wallet, I'd probably be more supportive of him, as well.

He does benefit my wallet and I still don't support him.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#12304 User is offline   Dale Berra's Nose 

• Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:37 PM

Really, Gary Johnson would have similarly promised to roll back taxes and unleash the market's animal spirits -- all while protecting national parks, keeping borders open to Muslim immigrants and limiting any military engagement overseas. That's why I voted for him.
IS THIS THE GAME THREAD???

#12305 User is offline   Gideon Clarke 

• GAY 4 CUTCH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bisexual for Kate Upton

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:40 PM

He also probably knew who Kim Jong-Un was before last week. Has anyone asked Trump about Aleppo?
"You know, I wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of the idiot who decided to make kickers part of football."

-Coach Marty Daniels

#12306 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:47 PM

View PostDale Berra, on 27 April 2017 - 11:37 PM, said:

Really, Gary Johnson would have similarly promised to roll back taxes and unleash the market's animal spirits -- all while protecting national parks, keeping borders open to Muslim immigrants and limiting any military engagement overseas. That's why I voted for him.

Except data doesn't show that tax cuts unleash anything like the market's animal spirit. Historically, tax cuts tend to lead to individuals paying down debt. Tax cuts for corporations won't inspire much growth, unless individuals are using their tax cuts to drive up demand. Since debt reduction is the historical reaction, product demand doesn't go up, corporations don't reinvest in their infrastructure and job growth is minimal.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

#12307 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:49 PM

Gideon Clarke, on 27 April 2017 - 11:40 PM, said:

He also probably knew who Kim Jong-Un was before last week. Has anyone asked Trump about Aleppo?

Considering he learned how the Judicial Branch of our government works while on the job likely tells you what he thinks about Aleppo.
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#12308 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:01 AM

View PostPSU4Lyfe, on 27 April 2017 - 11:49 PM, said:

Considering he learned how the Judicial Branch of our government works while on the job likely tells you what he thinks about Aleppo.

Trump doesn't think about anything until someone tells him to. Unless told otherwise, he thinks about himself.
Robert F. Kennedy

Robert F. Kennedy

#12309 User is offline   Midnight Moose 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:14 AM

View PostGideon Clarke, on 27 April 2017 - 11:40 PM, said:

Sure. Trump during the 2nd debate: "I think Aleppo is a disaster, humanitarian-wise. ... I think that it, basically, has fallen."

#12310 User is offline   Dale Berra's Nose 

• Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:38 AM

GoBucs21, on 27 April 2017 - 11:47 PM, said:

Except data doesn't show that tax cuts unleash anything like the market's animal spirit. Historically, tax cuts tend to lead to individuals paying down debt. Tax cuts for corporations won't inspire much growth, unless individuals are using their tax cuts to drive up demand. Since debt reduction is the historical reaction, product demand doesn't go up, corporations don't reinvest in their infrastructure and job growth is minimal.

Yeah. As I said yesterday, I'm for lowering corporate taxes--the rest, not so much. The WSJ had a great article (with useful charts) Thursday suggesting that now is not the time in this economic cycle to lower taxes. It's a time to focus on debt and deficit reduction. On this particular topic, Kasich was my favorite candidate.

But Trump has definitely juiced the markets simply with the promise of shedding anti-growth regulations.

#12311 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:32 AM

View PostDale Berra, on 28 April 2017 - 05:38 AM, said:

Yeah. As I said yesterday, I'm for lowering corporate taxes--the rest, not so much. The WSJ had a great article (with useful charts) Thursday suggesting that now is not the time in this economic cycle to lower taxes. It's a time to focus on debt and deficit reduction. On this particular topic, Kasich was my favorite candidate.

But Trump has definitely juiced the markets simply with the promise of shedding anti-growth regulations.

I'm not against a flat 15% corporate tax. But if there is no change as it's related to credits and exemptions, then it's just a giveaway. I don't know if the market's responding to Trump or simply a new election. When Obama was re-elected, the market showed a larger jump in the first 100 days.
Robert F. Kennedy

Robert F. Kennedy

#12312 User is offline   Midnight Moose 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted Yesterday, 05:14 AM

View PostGoBucs21, on 28 April 2017 - 06:32 AM, said:

I'm not against a flat 15% corporate tax. But if there is no change as it's related to credits and exemptions, then it's just a giveaway. I don't know if the market's responding to Trump or simply a new election. When Obama was re-elected, the market showed a larger jump in the first 100 days.

I don't invest in the stock market, so I really don't know. I'm asking a straight-up question - does the stock market really reflect what's going on with the country's economy? Because 1st quarter economic growth was really slow (0.7%), while the market was simultaneously going gangbusters. If I was an investor, why wouldn't I be scared to death that a pretty large market correction is on the horizon?

#12313 User is offline   Dale Berra's Nose 

• Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip

Posted Yesterday, 07:02 AM

Midnight Moose, on 29 April 2017 - 05:14 AM, said:

I don't invest in the stock market, so I really don't know. I'm asking a straight-up question - does the stock market really reflect what's going on with the country's economy? Because 1st quarter economic growth was really slow (0.7%), while the market was simultaneously going gangbusters. If I was an investor, why wouldn't I be scared to death that a pretty large market correction is on the horizon?

Nobody really knows. There are "market timer" investors who move in and out of stocks in anticipation of the market's every reaction to reports like this week's GDP report. I think that's foolish. I'm "all in" with stocks until I get close to retirement. Since 1900, the average annual return for the stock market is 10.4%. Sure, it could collapse by 20% this year. I can live with it because the market will recover and my money is generally growing. You only get scared by thinking short-term.

Anyway, the market is a lagging indicator. What happens next week in the market will be a reaction to economic reports like the 1Q GDP (which sucked) to corporate earnings (which have largely surprised to the upside) to geopolitical risks to the global economy (Korea, French election, Syria).

#12314 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Today, 08:40 AM

After Trump's speech last night, I was reminded of how people said Obama divided the country. Trump's is doing more to divide the country than the Confederacy.
Robert F. Kennedy

Robert F. Kennedy

Share this topic:

• 616 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic