• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Starling Marte Idiot Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is online   jcharding 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:32 PM

If the Pirates knew this was coming why move Marie to CF and Cutch to right. Why string anyone along. Why continue to push Cutch. Why...NVM, it's the pirates .....
I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many posting errors.

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

#22 User is offline   ECBucs 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:05 PM

View Postjcharding, on 19 April 2017 - 12:32 PM, said:

If the Pirates knew this was coming why move Marie to CF and Cutch to right. Why string anyone along. Why continue to push Cutch. Why...NVM, it's the pirates .....

to
keep narrative going that outfield defense would be greatly improved and help team win more games. There were (and still are) many tickets to try and sell this season.

#23 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:30 PM

There seem to be a lot of theories on Twitter about Marte being duped. Guys that seem to know steroid use find it fishy that he was using that drug, there was no metabolite found, and he has injested it fairly recently
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#24 User is offline   Vegetable 

• El Conquistador
  • PipPip

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:45 PM

View PostPSU4Lyfe, on 19 April 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

There seem to be a lot of theories on Twitter about Marte being duped. Guys that seem to know steroid use find it fishy that he was using that drug, there was no metabolite found, and he has injested it fairly recently

Russians?
"We’ll be comfortable adding one (starter),” he said. “We’ll be comfortable adding nobody if it’s just not there. We don’t feel we are driven to force it. If we can add one that makes sense for us, that’s great. If we can add two that make sense … then we do that.”
Opie Taylor. In a decisive moment.

#25 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:48 PM

View PostVegetable, on 19 April 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

Russians?

Considering the "unpaid leave" portion I would assume Nutting
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#26 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:16 PM

View PostVegetable, on 19 April 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

Russians?

Pizza parlor symbology.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#27 User is offline   Sloshy 

• Lynchburg Hillcat

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:04 PM

View Postparkerbatteryday, on 18 April 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

No offense....but the two of you pasted together don't make one decent idiot.

The two of us pasted together is an awesome concept for a sitcom.

#28 User is offline   Sloshy 

• Lynchburg Hillcat

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:00 PM

View PostSloshy, on 19 April 2017 - 04:04 PM, said:

The two of us pasted together is an awesome concept for a sitcom.

Anybody got a potential title?

Two heads are better than one?

#29 User is offline   Thunder 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:55 PM

View Postjcharding, on 19 April 2017 - 12:32 PM, said:

The Marte move to CF was announced about 10 days before the failed drug tests were taken (if we assume the first was at/near the beginning of spring training). Once they crossed that bridge, going back to the 2016 alignment would have raised tons of warning flags, not to mention terrible PR.

#30 User is offline   Vegetable 

• El Conquistador
  • PipPip

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:59 PM

View PostThunder, on 19 April 2017 - 08:55 PM, said:

The Marte move to CF was announced about 10 days before the failed drug tests were taken (if we assume the first was at/near the beginning of spring training). Once they crossed that bridge, going back to the 2016 alignment would have raised tons of warning flags, not to mention terrible PR.

If Cutch is still with the Pirates when (and if) Marte comes back in July, do they ask Cutch to move back to RF.? And would he be happy about doing that?
"We’ll be comfortable adding one (starter),” he said. “We’ll be comfortable adding nobody if it’s just not there. We don’t feel we are driven to force it. If we can add one that makes sense for us, that’s great. If we can add two that make sense … then we do that.”
Opie Taylor. In a decisive moment.

#31 User is offline   Thunder 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:34 PM

View PostVegetable, on 19 April 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

If Cutch is still with the Pirates when (and if) Marte comes back in July, do they ask Cutch to move back to RF.? And would he be happy about doing that?

Considering Cutch's reactions in last night's game, if they ask him again to move back to RF, they may as well trade him the day Marte gets back.

#32 User is offline   Sloshy 

• Lynchburg Hillcat

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:13 PM

It may not be popular, and it may not be right, and it may not even be factual, but I blame that cocksucker Marlon Byrd.

"Heeeey, ese, put this shit in your dick and fly hi like Marlon..."

#33 User is offline   tobaccoroad 

• H@m@ph@be
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Jack Cust hails from my hometown!!

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:31 PM

POPULAR

The only thing at all about this that upsets me is that he got caught.

Honestly.

I could care less if baseball players want to risk shortening their lives by taking steroids. That is their decision. And to be honest, it is an outstanding career choice. It certainly worked for Marte, Dee Gordon etc. Good for them. Especially good for Marte. Finally someone on the Pirates trying to do everything possible to make himself, and by extension my favorite team, better. Outstanding. It just sucks that his five cent head wasn't smart enough to not get caught.

Baseball players cheat. Fucking newsflash. They have cheated since before it became a professional sport.

And I don't want to hear about poor little Sparky who looks up to guys like Marte. Fuck off with that shit. Hey Sparky. Guess what. Cheating can get you ahead in life. But there are consequences if you get caught. There's your life lesson. Get caught, pay the price. Don't get caught, enjoy the rewards. It's like the motto of our entire fucking government and financial industry for fucks sake. May as well learn it early.

Shoes

#34 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:00 PM

View Posttobaccoroad, on 20 April 2017 - 07:31 PM, said:

The only thing at all about this that upsets me is that he got caught.

Honestly.

I could care less if baseball players want to risk shortening their lives by taking steroids. That is their decision. And to be honest, it is an outstanding career choice. It certainly worked for Marte, Dee Gordon etc. Good for them. Especially good for Marte. Finally someone on the Pirates trying to do everything possible to make himself, and by extension my favorite team, better. Outstanding. It just sucks that his five cent head wasn't smart enough to not get caught.

Baseball players cheat. Fucking newsflash. They have cheated since before it became a professional sport.

And I don't want to hear about poor little Sparky who looks up to guys like Marte. Fuck off with that shit. Hey Sparky. Guess what. Cheating can get you ahead in life. But there are consequences if you get caught. There's your life lesson. Get caught, pay the price. Don't get caught, enjoy the rewards. It's like the motto of our entire fucking government and financial industry for fucks sake. May as well learn it early.

Shoes

Completely agree.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#35 User is offline   Sloshy 

• Lynchburg Hillcat

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:02 AM

The general movement PED apologists are taking toward rationalizing cheating is sad. As the silent generation fades away, it seems each successive generation cares less and less about it.

Jaded heartless assholes, the lot of them.

At some point they will just become legal. Use whatever, do damage, who gives a shit.

#36 User is offline   Bustanutting 

• JohnJLambo

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:25 AM

Sloshy, on 21 April 2017 - 05:02 AM, said:

The general movement PED apologists are taking toward rationalizing cheating is sad. As the silent generation fades away, it seems each successive generation cares less and less about it.

Jaded heartless assholes, the lot of them.

At some point they will just become legal. Use whatever, do damage, who gives a shit.

Why do you give a shit? Since you asked.

I agree with the rules in place, but dont think PED is some moral outrage. It's not any more harmful than blowing through coke and hookers after games, and that's a regular occurrence lol

#37 User is offline   Sloshy 

• Lynchburg Hillcat

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:07 AM

Bustanutting, on 21 April 2017 - 05:25 AM, said:

Why do you give a shit? Since you asked.

I agree with the rules in place, but dont think PED is some moral outrage. It's not any more harmful than blowing through coke and hookers after games, and that's a regular occurrence lol

The entire concept of sports is predicated on the notion of an even playing field. Why do you care about the payroll of the Pirates vs. other teams? Because it creates imbalance.

PEDs creates imbalance, and don't give me the typical response that "everyone is doing then." We don't know that, and I don't think it's true anyways.

That some might be and some aren't creates imbalance, and it destroys (for me) what makes sports interesting in the first place -- competition between two sets of players with talent as the only differentiator. I do have some moral issues with PEDs vs. recreational drugs, and it is primarily based on how it damages that balance.

That's my opinion, and I get that some of you don't give a shit about balance... except when it comes to payroll...

#38 User is offline   gahran 

• All Star
  • PipPip

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:44 AM

All of the interest in sports comes from not having a level playing field.

You can set up a video game to simulate AI team vs. the exact same AI team and watch it but I can't even imagine why anybody would want to. There's nothing 'level' about winning a game because your team had Babe Ruth on it and the other team didn't.

#39 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:30 AM

PEDs creates imbalance, and don't give me the typical response that "everyone is doing then." We don't know that, and I don't think it's true anyways.

Where do you draw the line on what gives an advantage that causes imbalance? Contact lenses and eye surgery can give someone better than perfect vision. There are plenty of supplements that were deemed good to use, why draw the line at all and just outlaw weigh lifting which can give an advantage?

Just let everyone do whatever they want. Sports are entertainment. Stop taking them so seriously.

#40 User is offline   Gideon Clarke 

• GAY 4 CUTCH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bisexual for Kate Upton

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:24 AM

I refuse to revise history and pretend that I didn't enjoy watching Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, or Barry Bonds...or Starling Marte. Just like I enjoyed watching all the guys before them who did cocaine and greenies. Just like I enjoy going back and watching old games when pitchers doctored the ball. Just like I'm fascinated by stories about guys like Ralph Kiner and Honus Wagner, who never had to face black opponents, or Pud Galvin, who never had to face black opponents and also shot himself up with monkey hormones.

At the same time, I'm fine with leagues testing for PEDs and suspending the guys who test positive. It adds an element of strategy to the whole thing. Should a team turn a blind eye to PEDs hoping to reap the speculative but likely benefits, knowing that most guys never get caught? Or should they do everything they can to discourage their guys from using, to avoid having an important player fall into the 1-10% who do get caught and subsequently hammered by the league office?
"You know, I wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of the idiot who decided to make kickers part of football."

-Coach Marty Daniels

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic