• You cannot reply to this topic

College Basketball Rate Topic: -----

#201 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:56 AM

NCBuccofan, on 13 April 2017 - 02:58 PM, said:

They are hardly the only state to pass those laws. Arizona passed a law banning gay marriage. So did California. NC was 4 years behind those two.

California did it by referendum or constitutional amendment, I forget which. Either way, it was a vote in the general election, not the legislature. It was successful due to two factors. The Utah Mormons pushed a shit ton of money into the campaign. The anti-gay marriage groups were also very good at rallying Black Christian/Church groups to vote for the ban.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#202 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:02 PM

GoBucs21, on 17 April 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

California did it by referendum or constitutional amendment, I forget which. Either way, it was a vote in the general election, not the legislature. It was successful due to two factors. The Utah Mormons pushed a shit ton of money into the campaign. The anti-gay marriage groups were also very good at rallying Black Christian/Church groups to vote for the ban.

So odd that organized religion would want to stomp on someone's happiness and freedom....
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#203 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:09 PM

PSU4Lyfe, on 17 April 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

So odd that organized religion would want to stomp on someone's happiness and freedom....

Both organized (Mormons) and semi-organized (Black Church groups) played a large role in the California referendum.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#204 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:42 PM

Grayson Allen returning for his senior year
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#205 User is offline   NCBuccofan 

• All Star
  • PipPip

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:10 PM

Pittsburgh announced as a NCAA tourney site in 2022. NC also added dates, so the fake repeal of HB2 worked.

Also non basketball, but the Frozen Four comes back in 2021, Wrestling and Volleyball in 2019.

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic