Pittsburgh Pirates: Booking WWE - Pittsburgh Pirates

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Booking WWE Road To WrestleMania 31 Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Booking WWE (28 member(s) have cast votes)

How ghey is this thread?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#681 User is offline   v2burghboy 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:27 AM

Now
5 Randy Orton
4 Seth Rollins
3 John Cena
2 AJ Styles
1 Roman Reigns

Five Years
5 Charlotte/Sasha/Bayley
4 Kevin Owens
3 Seth Rollins
2 Braun Strowman
1 Roman Reigns

#682 User is offline   coolpapacole 

• Utterly irrelevant
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:42 PM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 16 April 2017 - 09:23 PM, said:

You're right. This was not a reflection of how WWE is now, but rather how I think it *should* be.

I think Antonio Cesaro is pretty fucking awesome. They continually try to bury him on the card with shitty partners- Tyson Kidd, Sheamus- but he always ends up putting his partner over. His repertoire is outstanding, and I think he's animated enough in the ring that he doesn't need to be great on the mic.

He may not have main event potential, but there's no damn reason in the world he shouldn't regularly be in the hunt for the Intercontinental/US belts.

Yeah, I am also a big fan of Cesaro. I just don't see the commitment to him from the WWE though despite what you say about him being true.

#683 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:55 PM

If nobody watched the end of RAW last night, you need to stop what you're doing and fast forward to the end of this.

#684 User is offline   coolpapacole 

• Utterly irrelevant
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:36 PM

I entertained that it might be an actual accident until I saw the replay. Still pretty awesome. One of the best matches I have seen for Big Show in years.

#685 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:07 PM

It was excellent. They also teased us with going top rope at least twice before they finally did it.

I mean, I'm *guessing* it was an intentional collapse, but it did surprise me how much the ref went flying. I assumed he would've braced himself for it.

#686 User is offline   coolpapacole 

• Utterly irrelevant
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:07 PM

Wow. Keith Lee is legit. That 16 minute match was better than anything the WWE puts out.

#687 User is offline   jestor92 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:03 PM

Jinder Mahal Smackdown champion. Steroid back pimples and all
Jose Tabata, Pedro Alvarez, and Andrew McCutchen are the new Jason Kendall, Brian Giles, and Kevin Young (in his prime) players that are good, but surrounded by crap which will make them losers.
Who needs a good team on the field when you have fireworks and bobbleheads!

#688 User is offline   v2burghboy 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:24 PM

View Postjestor92, on 21 May 2017 - 10:03 PM, said:

Jinder Mahal Smackdown champion. Steroid back pimples and all

I'll say this -- I'm not opposed to the guy getting a big shot. He's been in wrestling for 15 years, was shit all over during his first WWE run, left for a few years and, IMO, got better in the ring and a lot better on the mic.

Would I have done it differently? Yeah. I also hope he makes the best of it. The WWE needs to develop hated heels ... Not cookie cutter heels.

#689 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:37 AM

View Postv2burghboy, on 21 May 2017 - 11:24 PM, said:

I'll say this -- I'm not opposed to the guy getting a big shot. He's been in wrestling for 15 years, was shit all over during his first WWE run, left for a few years and, IMO, got better in the ring and a lot better on the mic.

Would I have done it differently? Yeah. I also hope he makes the best of it. The WWE needs to develop hated heels ... Not cookie cutter heels.

+1

I also think it helps that they had Jinder remove the turban. Now he's more of a heel that just happens to be Indian, as opposed to some flat stereotype like what you'd see back in the 1980's.

He looks totally juiced up, and I'm glad they're giving him a push. Totally out of the box move on WWE's part.

#690 User is offline   seanawesome 

• Master of the Powerbomb
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:04 PM

Jinder fucking sucks, I'm sorry. I'm all for opportunities for new people, but it should be booked right. Not "we need a champ who represents India so we can make money next month". He sucks in the ring and he is obviously juicing with his bacne and gyno nips. For a company that touts its drug policy, it's ridiculous they put the strap on a guy so clearly violating it.

#691 User is offline   v2burghboy 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:09 PM

View Postseanawesome, on 22 May 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

Jinder fucking sucks, I'm sorry. I'm all for opportunities for new people, but it should be booked right. Not "we need a champ who represents India so we can make money next month". He sucks in the ring and he is obviously juicing with his bacne and gyno nips. For a company that touts its drug policy, it's ridiculous they put the strap on a guy so clearly violating it.

Gyno nips. Heh

#692 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:59 PM

I can't help it: Jinder Mahal is the best foreign heel since Alberto Del Rio in his prime.

#693 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:08 PM

Oh shit- RKO OUTTA' NOWHERE!!!!!!!!!

#694 User is offline   v2burghboy 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:31 PM

I've been considering what in the world has been going in on in WWE the last few years that has made it so that they cannot/have not been willing to create new stars. Storyline booking is flat out bad from horribly scripted promos that amount to "I don't like you because you're small/mean/have red hair" all the way to simply not putting over young talent.

Here is one issue that I found astounding. The WWE has about 20 PPVs now-a-days every year, but we all know only 4 really matter to the company. They are Summerslam, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania.

The main events for each show over the last 5 years has amounted to this ...

18 times a part-timer main evented (Cena will soon join this list)
15 times that WWE's Big 3 has main evented (Cena, Orton and Reigns)
5 times guys who have retired/don't want to wrestle for WWE again have main evented
2 times that Ambrose and Rollins have main evented

6 Lesnar
5 Orton
5 Cena
5 Reigns
4 HHH
2 Taker
2 Bryan
2 CM Punk
2 Batista
2 Rock
1 Goldberg
1 Ambrose
1 Rollins
1 Big Show
1 Ryback

Granted, CM Punk and Daniel Bryan would/should have been mainstays in the main event if they didn't bite the dust in 2014. It's just astounding that there is only 1 talent whose WWE career didn't begin before 2010 who has been in more than 1 Big 4 main event in the last 5 years. And even then, they completely fucked up the booking for Roman Reigns who should have been a singles heel long before he was a singles baby face. He may be a tweener now, but he could be so much more over as a baby face due to common sense booking instead of consistently having a split audience.

They've got to get it right and get it right soon, because Lesnar, HHH, Cena, Taker and Orton won't be around forever.

Reigns is currently the only one anywhere near their rank. Rollins could be if they were more consistent with his booking. Strowman could be up there, too, but there has to be a real effort to give these guys exposure. Christ, The Miz could be a the top full-time heel in the company if they'd just let him loose. Styles, Mahal, Owens and Wyatt all have shown flashes that they could be consistent main eventers, too, and not guys that flounder between main event and midcard every 2-4 months.

#695 User is offline   jestor92 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:45 PM

One of the things that kills their new talent is that as soon as they lose the title they become jobbers.

Also when was the last time they had a heel who didn't need outside interference, his wife, or to win by cheating? Put the strap on a heel have the man hold by going over guys and have an upcoming baby face upset him for the title. Fuck this over coming the odds shit.

Case in point Kevin Owens. Was a legit bad ass heel. Gave him the strap and all of a sudden he couldn't win without Jericho. Made him look weak as shit.
Jose Tabata, Pedro Alvarez, and Andrew McCutchen are the new Jason Kendall, Brian Giles, and Kevin Young (in his prime) players that are good, but surrounded by crap which will make them losers.
Who needs a good team on the field when you have fireworks and bobbleheads!

#696 User is offline   v2burghboy 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:34 AM

View Postjestor92, on 15 June 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

One of the things that kills their new talent is that as soon as they lose the title they become jobbers.

Also when was the last time they had a heel who didn't need outside interference, his wife, or to win by cheating? Put the strap on a heel have the man hold by going over guys and have an upcoming baby face upset him for the title. Fuck this over coming the odds shit.

Case in point Kevin Owens. Was a legit bad ass heel. Gave him the strap and all of a sudden he couldn't win without Jericho. Made him look weak as shit.

Guys definitely go from top title holder to midcard overnight. Ambrose, Styles, Owens and Rollins each held one of the two major titles in the last year only to begin feuding for midcard titles shortly after losing their respective championships. The WWE likes to say the championships don't matter a great deal ... So then why are they almost entirely incapable of putting together a major or even midcard storyline that doesn't involve a championship? It makes the 4 mentioned before, among others, feel less important.

You can't be a main event caliber star and draw if you are decisively pushed down to the midcard title picture after a (usually weak) main event title run.

#697 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:33 AM

These are phenomenal posts, and I want to wait to have the time to write a detailed response. But I did read them, and they are awesome.

#698 User is offline   v2burghboy 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:17 AM

Maria Kanellis is returning soon, this time with her husband. They will likely have to tone down their act a little bit, but they have been pretty awesome on the undue scene for a few years. I hope Vinnie Mac allows them to be themselves in the Dub-U Dub-U Eee.

#699 User is offline   v2burghboy 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:06 PM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 16 June 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

These are phenomenal posts, and I want to wait to have the time to write a detailed response. But I did read them, and they are awesome.

Still waiting you heartless bastard.

#700 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted 17 June 2017 - 05:17 PM

View Postv2burghboy, on 15 June 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

The main events for each show over the last 5 years has amounted to this ...

18 times a part-timer main evented (Cena will soon join this list)
15 times that WWE's Big 3 has main evented (Cena, Orton and Reigns)
5 times guys who have retired/don't want to wrestle for WWE again have main evented
2 times that Ambrose and Rollins have main evented

6 Lesnar
5 Orton
5 Cena
5 Reigns
4 HHH
2 Taker
2 Bryan
2 CM Punk
2 Batista
2 Rock
1 Goldberg
1 Ambrose
1 Rollins
1 Big Show
1 Ryback

Okay, this was a fantastic breakdown, and this will prolly be the largest amount I've ever typed on my damn phone.

1. I see no problem with Lesnar leading the way. He is only part-time, but someone here mentioned that in boxing, the big names only fought 1-2x a year, and I like that. He has a big event pageantry about him, and Hean is fantastic.

2. Surprised Orrin has 5. U feel like in a healthy WWE, he is a step below headliner at this point, but I respect how he transcends the heel/face line better than anyone since CM Punk.

3. Hate that Reigns has 5, and thinks it's criminal he's headlined 3 WM in a row. You and I feel differently on him, but I think one of the biggest problems now is Vince's stubborn insistence that Reigns is going to be a face superstar. The WWE Universe hates it.

4. HHH still has it. Like Lesnar, like Taker. Troy hi out 1-2x a year, and he's as good as ever.

Continued....

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic