Hillary Clinton for President Rate Topic: -----

#11621 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:13 PM

View PostECBucs, on 18 March 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

the
only ones in France who think they have terrible problems with terrorists are the far right nationalists.

Also known as neo-Nazis.

Here's the truth that Merkel is. German per capita GDP has increase under her watch, even though she had to suffer the pain of our housing market failure. Unemployment was halved during her administration.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#11622 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• We'll Be Ready for that Ass
  • PipPip

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:41 PM

View PostGoBucs21, on 18 March 2017 - 08:13 PM, said:

I used your fucking source material to make you look like a fool, and the best you could do was reference a mistake I for which I had taken responsibility. Now, hold yourself to the same standard.

Bud, maybe you need to ease up on lecturing others when you made a pretty embarrassing mistake only 2 days earlier.

You asked for when the last time was that France had a bombing. I provided you an article showing it was yesterday. If that bombing doesn't meet your criteria, here- here is a list of all terror attacks in France. There have been 3 since the start of February.

https://en.wikipedia...dents_in_France

But I'm sure you'll consider this "weak ass" as well.
"The problem in this country, is that almost no one's sense of community or country extends beyond their wallet." -GoBucs

#11623 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:08 PM

It's kind of weak, since most of those resulted in zero deaths.
I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many posting errors.

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

#11624 User is offline   Midnight Moose 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:45 AM

View PostBustanutting, on 17 March 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

You're not understanding what I'm writing. It's probably my fault.

There are many levels of government and I don't believe that kids will be hungry if the Federal government doesn't pay for their school lunches. I believe in food subsidies and school lunches are vitally important, but don't agree that it absolutely must be be done at the Federal level. The state level would be ideal in my opinion.

If the state of Alabama, for example, isn't able to handle something easy like school lunch subsidy budgeting, then they can have all federal funding withheld until they figure it out. Or secede. That's works too.

Let the Alabama's and Mississippi's pay their own way. They will learn quickly. 30% of the state of Alabama's economic activity is Federal Expenditures. The subsidies to the deep south by the taxpaying states of America is propping up fake-low state and local tax rates in those cesspools.

Cut them off the teet of Washington D.C. and let them swim on their own. See how quickly the state and local governments get their acts together, raise revenue and address those issues on it's own

I imagine the poorer states will figure it out in time. While they're slowly getting their shit together, though, hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people will die. If we as a nation can avoid what would amount to genocide of our poorer, older, and disabled neighbors, then we should avoid it. I guess I'm just more compassionate than you are.

#11625 User is offline   Midnight Moose 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:50 AM

View PostGoBucs21, on 17 March 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

On a personal note, I don't want state or local governments doing more shit because they fuck up more shit than the federal government. If you think beltway politics is fucked up, as you go down the levels of government, cronyism and ineffectiveness increase.

Exactly the way I feel.

#11626 User is offline   Midnight Moose 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:04 AM

View PostGoBucs21, on 18 March 2017 - 07:07 AM, said:

I'm all about the betterment of the country as a whole, even if it works to the detriment to me personally or financially. You voted against your best interests and the betterment of the country.

To be fair to Winter, that describes most of Trump's voters, and he had over 60 million of them. I'm still struck by the Ohio voter, who said something like, "I'm aware that Trump is a horse's ass, but he's the horse's ass my party nominated. So, I'm voting for him." She knew he was the worst choice, and voted for him anyway, just because he had the R after his name. And she was far from alone.

#11627 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• PipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:46 AM

View PostMidnight Moose, on 19 March 2017 - 02:04 AM, said:

To be fair to Winter, that describes most of Trump's voters, and he had over 60 million of them.

That's stereotyping, and assuming that most Trump voters are unintelligent, and incapable of thinking for themselves. It's this liberal eliteism- the idea that you're functioning on a higher intellectual and moral plane than those you disagree with- that the country got so damn fed up with. People didn't vote for Trump simply because he was a Republican. Were that the case, John McCain and Mitt Romney both would've won the previous 2 elections, and they didn't.

Maybe you can't see it if you were a huge Obama fan, but there was a lot of messed up stuff in this country that rapidly accelerated over the past 8 years, and people weren't comfortable with what would've essentially been Obama's 3rd term with Hillary Clinton.
"The problem in this country, is that almost no one's sense of community or country extends beyond their wallet." -GoBucs

#11628 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• PipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:48 AM

View PostMidnight Moose, on 19 March 2017 - 01:45 AM, said:

If we as a nation can avoid what would amount to genocide of our poorer, older, and disabled neighbors, then we should avoid it. I guess I'm just more compassionate than you are.

What are your thoughts on abortion and euthanasia?

My intent is not to start a new collective shitstorm here, but the general irony is that normally the super-liberal politicians who advocate for the same things you mentioned in your first sentence are also the same who strongly advocate for the two items in my first sentence.

#11629 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:27 AM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 18 March 2017 - 08:41 PM, said:

Bud, maybe you need to ease up on lecturing others when you made a pretty embarrassing mistake only 2 days earlier.

You asked for when the last time was that France had a bombing. I provided you an article showing it was yesterday. If that bombing doesn't meet your criteria, here- here is a list of all terror attacks in France. There have been 3 since the start of February.

https://en.wikipedia...dents_in_France

But I'm sure you'll consider this "weak ass" as well.

You referenced terror related to immigration, I asked about that. It was your criteria. You took the first hit on your google search and went with it. You didn't even take the time to read it. And 12 incidents isn't "non-stop bombings".
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

#11630 User is offline   Bustanutting 

• JohnJLambo

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:53 AM

Midnight Moose, on 19 March 2017 - 01:45 AM, said:

I imagine the poorer states will figure it out in time. While they're slowly getting their shit together, though, hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people will die. If we as a nation can avoid what would amount to genocide of our poorer, older, and disabled neighbors, then we should avoid it. I guess I'm just more compassionate than you are.

Nah. You're just conditioned to believe (with religious zealotry) that if the federal government doesn't hand over huge sums of money every year to these states, it will be a "genocide". Your word, and a very interesting choice of words.

If there's no alternative other than sending them more and more federal money to prop up their impoverished, unhealthy, 20% illiterate right-wing Utopia, you're not thinking hard enough. Always more than one way to do things, or two.

Besides, you would never shut the spigot off immediately. You would slowly force them to pick up the differences over a 4 or 8 year budget.

Apply pressure to these cesspools! Welfare reform they all want so badly can start with southern red States mooching off others states that have their shit together.

#11631 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:35 AM

View PostBustanutting, on 19 March 2017 - 06:53 AM, said:

Nah. You're just conditioned to believe (with religious zealotry) that if the federal government doesn't hand over huge sums of money every year to these states, it will be a "genocide". Your word, and a very interesting choice of words.

If there's no alternative other than sending them more and more federal money to prop up their impoverished, unhealthy, 20% illiterate right-wing Utopia, you're not thinking hard enough. Always more than one way to do things, or two.

Besides, you would never shut the spigot off immediately. You would slowly force them to pick up the differences over a 4 or 8 year budget.

Apply pressure to these cesspools! Welfare reform they all want so badly can start with southern red States mooching off others states that have their shit together.

I would go for that.
Robert F. Kennedy

Robert F. Kennedy

#11632 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:40 AM

Well, Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan, and many other republican leaders jumped on Trumps side because of that R next to Trump's name. And they had publicly slammed Trump repeatedly. I'm not sure saying the same thing about the voting public is liberal elitism.
I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many posting errors.

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

#11633 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• PipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:11 AM

View Postjcharding, on 19 March 2017 - 08:40 AM, said:

Well, Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan, and many other republican leaders jumped on Trumps side because of that R next to Trump's name. And they had publicly slammed Trump repeatedly. I'm not sure saying the same thing about the voting public is liberal elitism.

I mean, that's just standard bi-partisanship that you're going to see from both political parties every election once it comes right down to it. Somehow citing only Republicans as guilty for endorsing their own candidate doesn't really accomplish much of anything.

Frankly- and this is me speaking as a Democrat- I give the Republicans more credit in the Primaries this time around. I never thought Trump had a fighting chance to win the nomination, especially given his more liberal history, and years of giving to campaigns of prominent Democrats. I figured the nomination would go to someone more stereotypically "Republican" like that numbskull Ted Cruz. I was shocked when Trump got the nod, but encouraged, because I thought there, the democratic process had at least meted itself out correctly.

Meanwhile on the Democratic side, I felt Bernie Sanders was far and away the most popular, most credible, most well-spoken candidate the Dems could've put out there, but it turned out none of that even mattered, because the DNC was going to give Hillary the nod regardless of what the overall party wanted. That lack of collaboration and lack of democracy ended up costing them.

#11634 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:24 AM

I agree, but there is a difference between supporting your party's typical standard bearer and supporting a guy who you called a racist or a womanizer a few days prior.

#11635 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• PipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:29 AM

View Postjcharding, on 19 March 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

I agree, but there is a difference between supporting your party's typical standard bearer and supporting a guy who you called a racist or a womanizer a few days prior.

Again, I don't disagree, but again, this is very consistent with both parties:

#11636 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:25 AM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 19 March 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

Again, I don't disagree, but again, this is very consistent with both parties:

Sorry but not only are the two not remotely comparable, but it's fundamentally offensive to even try and compare.

#11637 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• PipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:51 AM

View Postjcharding, on 19 March 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

Sorry but not only are the two not remotely comparable, but it's fundamentally offensive to even try and compare.

???

They are literally the exact same thing.

#11638 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:09 PM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 19 March 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

???

They are literally the exact same thing.

The endorsement is literally the same thing. But the subject matter of the endorsement (or the flop) is most definitely not.

Voodoo economics, or a woman keeping their house in order, is a standard flop. Endorsing someone whose attitudes towards women or people of color (or many other things in his case) is like a endorsing continued priest pedophilia for me.

I cannot fathom how Paul Ryan can look his wife or daughters in the eye. I cannot fathom how Ted Cruz can look his wife in the eye. Their flops are damned near reprehensible.

#11639 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• PipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:14 PM

View Postjcharding, on 19 March 2017 - 12:09 PM, said:

The endorsement is literally the same thing. But the subject matter of the endorsement (or the flop) is most definitely not.

Forced lines like this just prove that this thread has completely jumped the shark.

Posted Image

#11640 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:53 PM

Highly condensed conversation.

My wife. You know, he is terrible, but I might want to work in the Trump administration. I think that other parts of the federal government will keep him in check, and I have a chance to be a chief of staff to a cabinet member or a deputy secretary or something.

Me. No.

Wife. But this is a tremendous opportunity.

Me. You are welcome to go, but I am not going with you.

Wife. You can't be serious.

Me. He is a fundamentally offensive human being. Go if you want, but I'm not going and I don't know what will happen when you come back.

Wife. [Anger.]

Me. [I Don't move an inch.]

Wife. Fine.

Winter, you have no idea what you are talking about if you can't see the difference. This isn't a forced line, its a real line that played out in hundreds of households. Where people refused to go to work for him, or their family refused to let them go.

The election doesn't act like a dip in the Ganges and wash away your sins. Policy differences can go away, but fundamental flaws - in this case highly offensive ones - stay. Pretty much permanently. Particularly when there is a multi decade back story and a refusal to even try to repent.

Share this topic:

• 592 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic