• You cannot reply to this topic

College Football 2016 Season Rate Topic: -----

#1381 User is offline   NCBuccofan 

• All Star
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:05 PM

View PostGoBucs21, on 02 June 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

It's four, 1-year scholarships that the school can rescind. It's not an equal or fair agreement.

The school took advantage of their advantage and denied him a move to any of 35 schools. Worse still, they disclosed private information about the kid just to make it difficult for him to move.

I guess the school saw how bad they looked and decided to release him.

The Big 12 allows schools to guarantee 4 year scholarships to players, and many schools in that conference and others now offer 4 year, total cost of attendance scholarships. Maybe Kansas State does not, which is possible.

The players wanted this, and got it. So the school has to make the 4 year commitment, but not a player? If you sign a contract, you are able to just walk away no questions asked?

#1382 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:01 PM

View PostNCBuccofan, on 02 June 2017 - 03:05 PM, said:

The Big 12 allows schools to guarantee 4 year scholarships to players, and many schools in that conference and others now offer 4 year, total cost of attendance scholarships. Maybe Kansas State does not, which is possible.

The players wanted this, and got it. So the school has to make the 4 year commitment, but not a player? If you sign a contract, you are able to just walk away no questions asked?

They players have no control in the process. None.

The Big 12 may allow schools to do it but how many do it as a practice. I'm guessing that if they do, it's only for the very best high school players.

It's not a legal contract if it's not equal and fair. The school can pull a scholarship, generally without cause. The school can sign more letters of commitment than they have scholarships, leaving athletes without any options. When a school decides not to offer them a scholarship, the player generally has no time to get another scholarship.

And getting back to the main point, the player can no fairly market his skill sets that may be in high demand.
"It's probably true. Trump probably did it, because people in power tend to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and usually get away with it."
17 April 2017
Winter's response to my post that Trump may have raped a teenage girl.

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#1383 User is offline   Grey 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Buccos, Steelers, Pens, PSU, University of Arizona

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:15 PM

3 more players done at Michigan State. Actually 4. And it's not over yet. D'Antonio and that AD learned their lesson from PSU, they covered their asses to the T. D'Antonio is forced, however, to cut everyone with any connection to the crimes, which is why I think it will be a total of 10 to 12 players in total that will be out of the program by opening day.
Pretty women out walking with gorillas down my street

#1384 User is offline   Jermaine Allensworth 

• All Star
  • PipPip

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:27 AM

Bob Stoops retired.

#1385 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:35 AM

View PostJermaine Allensworth, on 08 June 2017 - 06:27 AM, said:

Bob Stoops retired.

Illness or scandal?
"It's probably true. Trump probably did it, because people in power tend to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and usually get away with it."
17 April 2017
Winter's response to my post that Trump may have raped a teenage girl.

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#1386 User is offline   Grey 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Buccos, Steelers, Pens, PSU, University of Arizona

Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:46 PM

Stoops, apparently has no health issues. Just wanted to get out.

The timing is odd though: Is this Pete Carroll redux? Is he getting out before the storm?

Anyway it leaves OU in a strange position, Riley is the youngest coach in the nation at 33, has zero head coaching experience. It might matter, it might not, the Big 12 is probably 5th out of the five power conferences.

I would LOVE to see West Virginia shock the world and win that league this year
Pretty women out walking with gorillas down my street

Share this topic:

• 70 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic