• You cannot reply to this topic

Hillary Clinton for President Rate Topic: -----

#11641 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• We'll Be Ready for that Ass
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:28 PM

View Postjcharding, on 19 March 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

Winter, you have no idea what you are talking about if you can't see the difference. This isn't a forced line, its a real line that played out in hundreds of households. Where people refused to go to work for him, or their family refused to let them go.

Well in the video clip I posted for you, Michelle Obama said that Hillary Clinton wasn't fit to run her own household. 4 years later, she's stumping her for President.

Exactly. the. same.

And I hope for your sake that the conversation you just shared is a mere hypothetical. If you truly denied your wife a major professional opportunity because you simply disagree with Donald Trump politically, I think that makes you kind of a dick.
"The problem in this country, is that almost no one's sense of community or country extends beyond their wallet." -GoBucs

#11642 User is offline   Uber Bier Mensch 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:44 PM

Wow. Just wow.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln

#11643 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:46 PM

Not even slightly hypothetical.

Edit. And you clearly don't get it all by your comment about me disagreeing with him politically. His politics are secondary and not relevant to that non hypothetical conversation.
I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many posting errors.

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

#11644 User is offline   Midnight Moose 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:18 AM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 19 March 2017 - 05:46 AM, said:

Maybe you can't see it if you were a huge Obama fan, but there was a lot of messed up stuff in this country that rapidly accelerated over the past 8 years, and people weren't comfortable with what would've essentially been Obama's 3rd term with Hillary Clinton.

Oh, Obama wasn't perfect. But while he didn't do as well in some areas as you'd have liked, he excelled in other areas. Of course, you can't see where he excelled, because your hatred of him blinds you to them.

And in much the same vein, something you said the other day has bothered me. You basically said, and forgive me for paraphrasing, something along the lines of you were willing to live with the chance that Trump might be a disaster, because you were convinced Hillary would be. Well, that's your opinion. Mine is she would have been a great President, because she was better prepared to be President than anyone in recent memory. She knew what would work, and what wouldn't. And she was the right blend of progressiveness, and old-school Democrat. AFAIAC, this country fucked itself on November 8th, 2016.

#11645 User is offline   Midnight Moose 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:36 AM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 19 March 2017 - 05:48 AM, said:

What are your thoughts on abortion and euthanasia?

As far as abortion goes, I'm pro-choice. If someone wants to have an abortion, it's none of my business. If they don't, that's also none of my business. And my feelings are basically the same for euthanasia. If you want to end your own life with the help of a doctor, who am I to say you can't? Who is anyone?

#11646 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• PipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:24 AM

View PostMidnight Moose, on 20 March 2017 - 02:36 AM, said:

As far as abortion goes, I'm pro-choice. If someone wants to have an abortion, it's none of my business. If they don't, that's also none of my business. And my feelings are basically the same for euthanasia. If you want to end your own life with the help of a doctor, who am I to say you can't? Who is anyone?

Okay...but keep in mind that you just got done criticizing Trump for not wanting to take care of the defenseless in our society, and then you turn around and say that you're all about this. This usually ends up being one of the biggest liberal contradictions out there.
"The problem in this country, is that almost no one's sense of community or country extends beyond their wallet." -GoBucs

#11647 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• PipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:25 AM

View PostMidnight Moose, on 20 March 2017 - 02:18 AM, said:

Oh, Obama wasn't perfect. But while he didn't do as well in some areas as you'd have liked, he excelled in other areas. Of course, you can't see where he excelled, because your hatred of him blinds you to them.

And in much the same vein, something you said the other day has bothered me. You basically said, and forgive me for paraphrasing, something along the lines of you were willing to live with the chance that Trump might be a disaster, because you were convinced Hillary would be. Well, that's your opinion. Mine is she would have been a great President, because she was better prepared to be President than anyone in recent memory. She knew what would work, and what wouldn't. And she was the right blend of progressiveness, and old-school Democrat. AFAIAC, this country fucked itself on November 8th, 2016.

Okay Midnight, but one of the reasons that we have issues here is that you guys assume your opinions of Obama and Trump are fact, whereas my opinions of the two are simply opinions.

When in reality, they are ALL opinions, but from different perspectives.

#11648 User is offline   Bustanutting 

• JohnJLambo

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:03 AM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 20 March 2017 - 05:24 AM, said:

Okay...but keep in mind that you just got done criticizing Trump for not wanting to take care of the defenseless in our society, and then you turn around and say that you're all about this. This usually ends up being one of the biggest liberal contradictions out there.

There's not a necessary contradiction in what you're describing. Some questions:

1)Should a human being have a right to hire a doctor (if the doctor is willing) to end his own life?

2)Should a person have a right to grab a revolver hold it to his head and pull the trigger?

3)Should a person have a right to hire a doctor (if the doctor is willing) to end a pregnancy?

4)Should a person have a right to eat?

My answers are 1) yes 2) Yes 3)Yes 4) No

#11649 User is offline   ECBucs 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:04 AM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 20 March 2017 - 05:24 AM, said:

can't
you say the reverse and say it is the biggest contradictions for conservatives? Keep government away, personal choice etc.

#11650 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:26 AM

Obama had a drone strike once every 5.4 days. Trump is averaging one every 1.25 days.

Obama made it harder to use drones, changing policy to mandate that targets pose an imminent threat, and that there be a low likelihood that civilians won't be killed. Trump wants to abolish this, make it easier to use drones and doesn't particularly care about civilian casualties.

Obama changed strike authority from CIA to DOD because DOD is more likely to follow the rules of law and supposedly operates with greater transparency. Trump wants to change this as well.

No word yet on using drones against US "citizens", but I'm sure Winter and others will claim that it's all perfectly fine now that Trunp is doing it.
I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many posting errors.

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

#11651 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• PipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:39 AM

I'm not sure how you can say he made it "harder to use drones" when the number of drone attacks under his Presidency skyrocketed compared to Bush the Lesser.

I mean, talking with you guys about Democratic politics is like trying to talk to OBN about Bob Nutting not being a good owner. That's what it's like.

And if you notice, I'm not even refuting some of your Trump critiques. There are absolutely things that he's done so far which have disappointed me, and I did think he would be better out of the gate. But at the same time, I am pointing out that a lot of the things you guys are rankled about either with Trump or with Republicans in general are done equally by the Democrats, and have been done by Democrats, but because you root for the Democrats, you look the other way when these things happen.

That, I will not stop pointing out.

#11652 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:45 AM

As many have said previously, drone use skyrocketed because drones became a much more usable technology. Kind of like computers in the 1980s.

No, I don't look the other way when democrats do stupid things because, as I have also said previously, I'm not a democrat.

#11653 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:01 AM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 20 March 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

I'm not sure how you can say he made it "harder to use drones" when the number of drone attacks under his Presidency skyrocketed compared to Bush the Lesser.

I mean, talking with you guys about Democratic politics is like trying to talk to OBN about Bob Nutting not being a good owner. That's what it's like.

And if you notice, I'm not even refuting some of your Trump critiques. There are absolutely things that he's done so far which have disappointed me, and I did think he would be better out of the gate. But at the same time, I am pointing out that a lot of the things you guys are rankled about either with Trump or with Republicans in general are done equally by the Democrats, and have been done by Democrats, but because you root for the Democrats, you look the other way when these things happen.

That, I will not stop pointing out.

This is similar to LHB's distractions with the media references. It has nothing to do with the point at hand.

What Democrats said or didn't say has nothing to do with how Trump is expanding the process you say that you hate. It's all distraction to change the subject from the failure of your boy. Try to stay on topic.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#11654 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:04 AM

View Postjcharding, on 20 March 2017 - 10:45 AM, said:

As many have said previously, drone use skyrocketed because drones became a much more usable technology. Kind of like computers in the 1980s.

No, I don't look the other way when democrats do stupid things because, as I have also said previously, I'm not a democrat.

The assumption that because drone attacks increased, therefore, Obama made it easier to use them is another example of intellectual laziness. As something becomes more available to use, it tends to be used more frequently, regardless of the screening and evaluation criteria. One has to look at that criteria, not the frequency of use, to make a declaration on the criteria.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

#11655 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:56 AM

In less shocking news Trump's approval rating dips to 37%. 58% disapprove.

Lowest its ever been at this point in a president's term since 1945 when it was created.
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM

#11656 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:17 PM

POPULAR

View PostMa13tt0, on 20 March 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

In less shocking news Trump's approval rating dips to 37%. 58% disapprove.

Lowest its ever been at this point in a president's term since 1945 when it was created.

Comey: No evidence that President Obama order "wiretap" or surveillance. Yes, the FBI is investigating ties between Russia and Trump campaign.

President Tweet is now trumpeting that the real story is the leaks in his administration, to distract from the story of his possible corruption. Amazingly, he isn't tweeting about his unfounded allegations of being "wiretapped".

I believe I can hear Nixon laughing in his grave as the title of Most Corrupt President passes to Trump.
Robert F. Kennedy

Robert F. Kennedy

#11657 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:27 PM

Trump made up stuff for 8 years about Obama, most notably obama's birth certificate. People are so willing to believe conspiracy theories these days a substantial part of the population likes it, sometimes even when they know it's bullcrap because people would rather hang out in the bullcrap than try and do things better.

They rewarded Trump for the birth certificate bullcrap. Trump isn't about to stop making stuff up because he has been richly rewarded for it. It has enhanced the Trumo brand name, made him even more famous, and got him elected to the presidency. So long as congressional republicans let him get away with it, Trump will keep doing it.

And if Congressional republicans do suddenly try to stop, Trump will just make up stuff about them too.

#11658 User is offline   Bustanutting 

• JohnJLambo

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:37 PM

The Trump Campaign colluding with Russia in the leadup to election is quickly becoming the new Obama birth certificate.

#11659 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:48 PM

View PostBustanutting, on 20 March 2017 - 12:37 PM, said:

The Trump Campaign colluding with Russia in the leadup to election is quickly becoming the new Obama birth certificate.

Could be in terms of the end state but as a process, no. There was never enough evidence for the birther scam to warrant an FBI investigation. While we need to know if Trump was colluding with the Russians, we must also figure out why the Russians were pimping Trump. Even if there was no active collusion, we need to know why a Putin government felt better with Trump in charge.
Robert F. Kennedy

Robert F. Kennedy

#11660 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:19 PM

View PostGoBucs21, on 20 March 2017 - 12:48 PM, said:

Could be in terms of the end state but as a process, no. There was never enough evidence for the birther scam to warrant an FBI investigation. While we need to know if Trump was colluding with the Russians, we must also figure out why the Russians were pimping Trump. Even if there was no active collusion, we need to know why a Putin government felt better with Trump in charge.

And we need to know what the Russians did so that we can counter it in the future.

Share this topic:

• 593 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic