• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pirates Season Thread Rate Topic: -----

#261 User is offline   Vegetable 

• El Conquistador
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:47 PM

FUCK this bullpen. Start over with Rivero and six homeless guys off the street.
"We’ll be comfortable adding one (starter),” he said. “We’ll be comfortable adding nobody if it’s just not there. We don’t feel we are driven to force it. If we can add one that makes sense for us, that’s great. If we can add two that make sense … then we do that.”
Opie Taylor. In a decisive moment.

#262 User is offline   dcity21 

• Pittsburgh Pirate
  • Pip

Posted Yesterday, 11:35 AM

Just when you thought the division was going to get interesting enough to stayer watching every day Clint Hurdle has to go and use Daniel Hudson in a close game...

I get it that he only has so many guys to use out there but Hudson has blown enough games to put us over .500 I bet. And the. Throw in the extremely late switch from Watson to Rivero and you can start talking about being at the front of the division.

Also, the last couple of weeks is exactly why you don't trade someone like Cutch and you ride him until he literally has nothing left and retires. Then you hope he was good enough to make the HOF so the franchise can add another iconic player to it's lore. He has single handedly made this team interesting to watch again, at least for me.
Baseball is like our nation's government.. They are both horribly broken and unfair systems.. ZING!

#263 User is online   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted Yesterday, 12:07 PM

That post was great, but I also wouldn't rule out NH putting pressure on Hurdle to play Hudson in higher-leverage situations, because he's scared shitless over how much of Bob Nutting's money he just blew on Daniel Fucking Hudson, and wants to trade him ASAP.

Unfortunately Neal, no one will take this mistake off your hands. You chose to pay Daniel F. Hudson $11,000,000. Now bend over and take it.
"The problem in this country, is that almost no one's sense of community or country extends beyond their wallet." -GoBucs

"Just let everyone do whatever they want. Sports are entertainment. Stop taking them so seriously." -PSU4Lyfe

#264 User is offline   Vegetable 

• El Conquistador
  • PipPip

Posted Yesterday, 01:23 PM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 22 June 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

That post was great, but I also wouldn't rule out NH putting pressure on Hurdle to play Hudson in higher-leverage situations, because he's scared shitless over how much of Bob Nutting's money he just blew on Daniel Fucking Hudson, and wants to trade him ASAP.

Unfortunately Neal, no one will take this mistake off your hands. You chose to pay Daniel F. Hudson $11,000,000. Now bend over and take it.

Yep. Hudson stinx. Because Bob Nutting is cheap.
"We’ll be comfortable adding one (starter),” he said. “We’ll be comfortable adding nobody if it’s just not there. We don’t feel we are driven to force it. If we can add one that makes sense for us, that’s great. If we can add two that make sense … then we do that.”
Opie Taylor. In a decisive moment.

#265 User is offline   silverspring 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Yesterday, 01:51 PM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 22 June 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

Wait - he did WHAT? Maybe I knew that and forgot but I am floored and I now hate him.

#266 User is online   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted Yesterday, 06:04 PM

Daniel Hudson is the suck.

And anyone with half a brain could've looked at his career to date, and known Hudson wasn't worth a damn.

Unfortunately for a handful of posters here- and more importantly, the GM of the damn team- did not.
"The problem in this country, is that almost no one's sense of community or country extends beyond their wallet." -GoBucs

"Just let everyone do whatever they want. Sports are entertainment. Stop taking them so seriously." -PSU4Lyfe

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic