• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:50 PM

View PostLonghornBuc, on 05 March 2015 - 09:23 PM, said:

Hi Winter. You aren't missed.

You know what is missed? Summer.

And The Lumber Company.
"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, Im not sure they would have won the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#22 Guest_defdog_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:56 PM

Posted Image

#23 User is offline   DoctorJohnnyFever 

• WiH owns me
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:57 PM

If this doesn't get Monarch posting again, nothing will.

#24 User is offline   donwengert4life 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:00 PM

I would love a President Joe Biden, just for the comedy factor but I doubt he even runs. It is Hillary or bust for the Dems.

#25 User is offline   Trey_Beamon 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:08 PM

View PostPenguin, on 05 March 2015 - 09:50 PM, said:

You know what is missed? Summer.

And The Lumber Company.

I thought for a second that TLC left the board.

#26 User is offline   NYPirate 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:14 PM

View Postdonwengert4life, on 05 March 2015 - 10:00 PM, said:

I would love a President Joe Biden, just for the comedy factor but I doubt he even runs. It is Hillary or bust for the Dems.

If Elizabeth Warren wanted to run, she would beat Clinton.
``Weve got some holes were looking to fill. We dont feel like we desperately have to do anything. Were in a great spot to be in. If we can upgrade, outstanding. Upgrade at an appropriate acquisition cost, even better.

#27 Guest_defdog_*

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:16 PM

View PostDoctorJohnnyFever, on 05 March 2015 - 09:57 PM, said:

Wouldn't it be funny if he was hanging out in the Politics board this whole time.

#28 User is offline   silverspring 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:16 PM

View Postbucsbriana, on 05 March 2015 - 09:45 PM, said:

What about Ben Carson when he announces? He's conservative.

Don't really know much about him. I'm just so sick of politics that I don't pay attention like I used to.

#29 User is offline   Trey_Beamon 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:17 PM

View Postdefdog, on 05 March 2015 - 10:16 PM, said:

Wouldn't it be funny if he was hanging out in the Politics board this whole time.

He's working on his jumper.

#30 User is offline   donwengert4life 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:20 PM

View PostNYPirate, on 05 March 2015 - 10:14 PM, said:

If Elizabeth Warren wanted to run, she would beat Clinton.

Nigga please.

The average person in America, who is generally kind of disengaged, probably has never heard of Warren. The last poll I saw showed her trailing Hillary by something like 50 points in a head to head matchup.

I would vote for Warren over Hillary. I like her. But she has no chance.

#31 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:22 PM

View PostTrey_Beamon, on 05 March 2015 - 10:08 PM, said:

I thought for a second that TLC left the board.

It appears he has. Or at least taking an extended break.
"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, Im not sure they would have won the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#32 Guest_Utterly Irredeemable_*

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:24 PM

View PostPenguin, on 05 March 2015 - 10:22 PM, said:

It appears he has. Or at least taking an extended break.

He seems to have departed about the same time as Winter.

#33 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:41 PM

View Postdonwengert4life, on 05 March 2015 - 10:20 PM, said:

Nigga please.

The average person in America, who is generally kind of disengaged, probably has never heard of Warren. The last poll I saw showed her trailing Hillary by something like 50 points in a head to head matchup.

I would vote for Warren over Hillary. I like her. But she has no chance.

If Clinton runs she will win the nomination. She has all the money.

If Clinton doesn't run, the primaries will be interesting because no one else is even trying right now. An interesting one here is Jim Webb. He's a conservative Democrat (a former Republican).
"It's probably true. Trump probably did it, because people in power tend to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and usually get away with it."
17 April 2017
Winter's response to my post that Trump may have raped a teenage girl.

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#34 User is offline   PF82 

• no-talent goon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:44 PM

View PostDoctorJohnnyFever, on 05 March 2015 - 09:57 PM, said:

Nah, if he passed up a chance to crow about biased officiating during the WVU/KU game, he's truly never coming back.
"I have to admit
I thought I was shock proof"

#35 User is offline   PF82 

• no-talent goon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:48 PM

Hopefully Hilary wins, then Jeb Bush. After that Chelsea will be old enough to run. Then Michelle Obama. after that, a Bush twin. Then one of the Obama daughters.

Seriously though. The high comedy of First Gentleman Bill Clinton is almost worth it.
"I have to admit
I thought I was shock proof"

#36 User is offline   mzimmerman81 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:59 PM

Isn't lumber on Twitter?
5 GP

10-16, 4-2B, 2-3B, 9 RBI, 6 R

#37 User is offline   v2burghboy 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:30 PM

View PostLonghornBuc, on 05 March 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:

Ben Carson could be the worst of the bunch. Yesterday he blathered on about how gays choose to be gay, citing his assertion that straight guys go to prison and come out gay. He had to apologize over how utterly stupid that was.

Frankly, what was worse was his assertion that Congress should reprimand and remove every federal judge who has ruled for gay marriage. Apparently the good doctor who cites the Constitution in every interview has never read it, or heard of the separation of powers, or why Article three judges are insulated from political theater. Less than ten federal judges have been impeached and convicted in the history of this country, and all for serious crimes, not their legal opinions.

Ben Carson should be sold to Africa as a slave.

Winter disapproves of this message.

Now, sending Africans to America to be enslaved? Well, hey, sounds like a good deal for their descendents.

#38 User is offline   CRIMHEAD 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:47 PM

View Postmzimmerman81, on 05 March 2015 - 10:59 PM, said:

Isn't lumber on Twitter?

He is. He's been pretty busy with hoops and other stuff. He still shows up now and again, I don't believe he's left the board or anything. The dude isn't a Vag like Winter was. I actually liked Winter, but he was what he was.
CRIM

#39 User is online   Gideon Clarke 

• GAY 4 CUTCH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bisexual for Kate Upton

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:07 AM

Do the departures of Winter and Monarch make me the most conservative poster on this board? I always root for the meteor in elections, but I guess I'm a libertarian or independent by voting record.
"You know, I wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of the idiot who decided to make kickers part of football."

-Coach Marty Daniels

#40 Guest_defdog_*

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:12 AM

View PostGideon Clarke, on 06 March 2015 - 12:07 AM, said:

Do the departures of Winter and Monarch make me the most conservative poster on this board? I always root for the meteor in elections, but I guess I'm a libertarian or independent by voting record.

Always pick the best Dat Nguyen.

Share this topic:

• 653 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic